3.1

"My freshman year was probably my best year of high school. I had a large group of friends and we were pretty close to each other." February begins. "I was more of the outspoken of the group and Audrey didn't like it. She always felt like she needed to be running the group, in charge of everything. It started out as a few little arguments, and after that, one by one different people were coming up to me telling me Audrey was talking about me. So I just texted her and asked her if it's true. She told me it wasn't. I came back to school on Monday and she somehow got all of my friends to be in her side. It all happened at the end of my freshman year." February's voice cracked and she leaned in closer to me, nuzzling her head into my chest.

"When it came to lunch I had no one to sit with, I had no more friends and I couldn't do much about it. Then Audrey spread rumors about me sleeping with some girl's boyfriend, and sooner or later I was labeled a slut. My whole life came crashing in on me . I had no one and I started hating myself. I wouldn't come to school for days at a time, just so I could avoid it all." Her hand squeezed mine tighter and I closed my eyes to avoid crying, it hurt me to hear her like this.

"One day I found Quinn in my gym class, pulling off sticky notes all over her PE locker that read 'spoiled bitch'. I didn't even say a word to her, I just helped her pull them all off and throw it away. I don't even know who did it, or why, but it didn't matter to me. Stuff like that has happened to me so I wanted to help her. Ever since then we've been best friends."

"Audrey really can't make everyone hate you." I say to her, rubbing circles on the place where her thumb and pointer finger meet.

"She's just the type of person who will say anything to make it go her way." February tells me.

"But I'm used to it now." February whispers.

"Stop it." I tell her. "You can't let someone ruin your life like that. I want you to be happy and not live your high school life avoiding this chick. She sounds like a bitch to me, I'm here and I'm not letting anything happen to you. Seriously. Okay?" Her response is a little nod into my sweatshirt. After a long pause I break the silence.

"So much for taking you out and trying to make you happier." I whisper in her ear, pulling her face closer to mine.

"Whenever I'm around you I'm happy." She smiles, her lips pressing back onto mine.