1.1

I squirted a little more gel into my hand and fixed my hair, so it wasn't sticking up in all the wrong places. I glance at it in the mirror and nod to myself in approval.

Im wearing an old pair of basketball shorts and sweats over them, and no shirt. I wiped my face with cold water and walked across the hall to my room. I opened my closet and shuffled through the clothes, trying to find something nice. Mom had left around 5:30 this morning for her flight, and I'm home alone for the first time since dad died.

I pull out a white long sleeve shirt and a pair of dark blue jeans. I grab a pair of white socks and my white vans before darting down the hallway. I grab a twenty dollar bill from the envelope my mom left of money and stuff it in my pocket. I flip through the money in there, around five hundred. A little note is written on the back.

Hun,

Love you so much Pierce. This money is for everything, moving to California and being good to me after your dad. Be good, no parties and dont have too many people over :)

Love
Momma

I sigh and drop the envelope into a drawer, to make sure it's safe. I grab my coffee cup off of the counter and make my way out of the apartment building. I hop in my truck and turn the key to start my engine. I turn out of the parking lot and make my way to school.

I see the girl in her little silver Prius pull up next to me and pull out a big zipper bag full of make up. I stared at her in my side mirror as she caked more and more on of a hundred different things.

I dont know about most guys, but I think perfection is ugly. I want to see scars, birthmarks, pimples. I want to see natural. She catches me staring and I switch my attention to my phone.

Good morning and happy Friday, day five at the lovely Powell High :)

I smile and plug in my phone, turning up the music on my radio as another text appears on my screen.

Approaching the car in 3,2,1

I'm laughing as she opens the car door and slides onto my passenger seat. My heart jumps into my throat, god is she so beautiful. Her thick brown to gold hair is straightened and her face is bare of makeup except for a lip balm. She's wearing a grey tank top, a white jean jacket with grey sleeves, and ripped light jeans, with white vans just like mine. Her skin looks so tan and overall she is just gorgeous.

"Well hello to you too." She says, and I know I've been caught staring.

"Um, Hey February." She smiles and shakes her head.

"You look really nice today." She says, and I roll down my windows so she won't see my face.

"Thank you, and you look-"

"Youre staring is quite enough explanation, but thanks." She says, touching my arm a little and laughing, the way I love. Throwing her head back and letting her laughter fill every part of her.

"I've always wanted to ask you what nationality you are." I say over The Killers playing on the stereo.

"Hawaiian and Italian." She smiles and I nod. I want to say something but I'm cut off.

The first bell rings, and we groan simultaneously. I climb out of my car, and once February shuts the door, I click my lock, and my horn beeps back in assurance. I wait up for February to fall in step next to me, and then I ask her.

"Come to my house later today." I tell her, posing it as a question. Her lips spread into a wide smile, and she wraps her arms around me.

"Alright." She whispers.
✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀
SUUUUUPPERRR IN LOVE WITH THIS CHAPTER! Dedicated to regrettable BC she is helping me get more reads and such ❤️ everyone should go and check out her books, especially Hey Monday, ITS AMAZING!!
PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT, I'LL LOVE YOU FOREVER
KBYEEE
Madison 🌚