3.8

One of my hands was on the steering wheel, and the other interlocked with February's resting in-between her thighs. Her cheeks are streaked with tears and every once in a while she hiccups, the way you do after you've cried for hours. I pull into the almost empty parking spot and pull her upstairs to our apartment.

"Is your mom mad?" She whispers to me, her voice hoarse from crying. We slowly climb up the grey stone staircase to my apartment.

"Her exact words were something along the lines of 'I like this girl a lot and she can stay as long as she needs.'" I tell her, almost reaching the door.

"She doesn't even know me." She sighs, her feet planted firmly into the ground, far enough away that I still cannot reach my doorknob without letting go of her hand.

"But she knows how much I love you." I say, and she walks quietly to the door, letting me walk in first and her trailing behind.

"Hey honey, how are you?" Mom says calmly, and I let go of February's hand so she can be enveloped by my mothers hug. I smile at the sight of it and soon enough they let go. My mom hands her a plate of hot pancakes and smiles. "Go eat in your room, you can talk and have privacy." I nod and February trails behind me with her plate.

I climb up onto the bed criss cross style and she does the same across from me, our plates in our lap. We eat in silence for a few minutes, none of us daring to say a word.

"You can live here if you need to." I whisper and she looks up at me, startled.

"I will not do that to you, or your mother. She just met me." Her fork picks up another piece of pancake, and she swirls in the syrup as she speaks. "I don't know where I'm going, but I can't crash here. It's so rude of me. And I can't stay at Quinn's, her parents believe I should go to the police instead. I don't want Harper or Lily in a group home. That's what will happen and Michael is doing great with them, it's my mothers fault. I'm gonna figure it out."

"I don't care February. You'll stay with me. I love you and even if we ever broke up you could still live here. I promise you that, I care about you too much, and I can't see you struggling to find a place to live." I tell her.

I grab the empty plate of food and make my way to the kitchen to talk to Mom. "She is definitely kicked out, and she can't go to the police because her sisters will be put in foster care. But her stepdad is taking care of them and her mom still loves them. She has no where else to go and if she stays with Quinn they'll make her go to the police. Please mom, let her stay." I beg her, grabbing her hand and squeezing it.

"Pierce.." She begins and she looks at me with her grey blue eyes and smiles a sympathetic smile. "I love you, and I know you love her. You're putting me in a hard place though. I don't know about her staying forever, but for now she can, because it is christmas and she doesn't have much else to go to"

I nod and smile, taking in all of what she said. "Thank you mom, seriously, it means so much to me." I pull her into a bear hug and squeeze her tightly.

"Go on and tell her." She says as she shimmies away from my grasp. "We'll talk about all the details later, after Christmas."