3.5

February left my house twenty minutes ago, after an hour of kissing and talking, even though we both know she should've left. The only reason she left was because mom would be home and she didn't want to meet her yet.

I waited until mom got home and headed out to the mall again, set out on exactly what I would be getting her.

I stand in front of the Charlotte Russe and walk in, making my way back to wear the purses are.

One day February had mentioned she needed a new purse because hers had a small hole on the bottom, large enough for any pencils or bobby pins to fall out of. I grab a brown one off the rack with a long handle and smiled. It looks a lot like the last one she had, but larger, so I take it to the cashier.

As I stand behind the small line of pre-teens and middle aged women I spot something on the rack next to the register. Metallic temporary tattoos. I grab two different ones and place it on the counter with the purse. They ring it up and I make my way back into the mall.

I search through a lot of other stores and pick up things she would like untilI reach the last store, one I've been dreading since I got here. But I know it's something February would really like, so I head inside the girly store only to be welcomed by a petite blonde.

"Welcome to Pink, do you need any help?" She chirps and my tongue gets stuck in my throat, the store making me extremely uncomfortable.

"I'm, uh, looking for my girlfriend for Christmas?" I pose it as a question and she begins to turn towards the lingerie and my eyes grow wide.

"I was thinking more of yoga pants and sweatshirts. She wears a lot of them." The young girl brings me over to a section and smiles at me.

"This is our newer stuff, I would suggest getting her any of this. Do you need any other help?" I shake my head. "Well, I'm Avery, and if you need anything let me know."

My eyes scan the wall of clothes, and I pull down a black and white zip up hoodie, a maroon sweatshirt, a pair of leggings and 2 packs of knee high socks. I wait at the register and pick up a perfume spray that had a sticker next to it reading 'best seller'. I made my way to checkout, all of it costing almost 200$.

It's not a lot of money to me, I have thousands saved up in my bank account from my old job at a pizza parlor, and money I got from relatives, my parents, and my father's life insurance. Besides knowing the fact that February might not get a lot for Christmas from her family.

I get to my car and start up the engine, making my way down the winding road to my apartment building. I unlock the front door and make my way back to my room, hopefully mom not noticing the bags in my hand.

I set all the stuff into the closet and flop onto my bed, not bothering to even eat dinner. Exhaustion waves over me and I fall asleep in minutes.

a/n favorite chapter so far?