3.3

My hands skim the many different colored shirts, my head swimming with ideas of what to get February, nothing coming to mind. I already bought my mom a new set of her favorite candles, the ones she has now are almost completely gone.

I step outside of the flowery smelling store and make my way to the parking lot, hopefully finding time to get February something she likes. I still have plenty of money to buy her something, at least 400$ still leftover from Mom leaving to Nana and Papa's, and a lot from my old job and saving up.

My mother is the type of person that would rather live in a small house or apartment and have lots of extra money then to live in a large house with not a lot of extra money. I agree with her, it works in my favor a lot. She does make a lot of money as a Real Estate agent, enough for us to live in a large house, yet I'm content at our apartment for now.

I shake my head to myself as I reach my car door, knowing it will be hard for me to find February something in a matter of a few days. She's not going out of town for Christmas either, she told me she wasn't really doing anything at all, so I told her to come over to my house later.

I drive back to my house and as soon as I step into the doors I get a new text from February.

*new picture message*

I slide the text and tap in my code to reveal a picture of a car with a bow on it, February standing next to it. I call her immediately after, not being able to contain my excitement. She answers on the second ring.

"Helloooo??" She squeals excitedly and I sigh in contentment.

"Who is that from? Your mom or stepdad?" I ask and she laughs.

"Neither, It's Quinn's old car but she convinced her mom to give it to me instead." I hear commotion in the background and then a door shutting. "Perks of having a super rich best friend right?"

I chuckle at the thought of Quinn giving her car to February, making me feel so happy for her. "You should come over now, my mom isn't home, you won't have to meet her yet."

"Yeah I'll be over in a minute." I hang up after a quick goodbye and quickly pick up most of the apartment, glancing over everything one last time before hearing a knock at the door. I open it to a very happy February, her arms latching onto my torso quickly, her face buried in my chest.

"I'm so happy for you February," I say into the crook of her neck, making her pull up to look in my eyes, before her lips met mine.

Her lips are cold and chapped, but underneath it was still February. She tasted like vanilla and peaches, her warm hair surrounding my face and her mitten covered fingers tugging at my hair.

"Now I don't have to lug you around everywhere." I whisper into her neck and she slaps the side of my head with her grey fuzzy gloves. "Which I would still love to do anytime." She laughs and lets go, sliding on to the couch and motioning for me to come over to her.

"What time is your mom coming home?" She asks and I shrug.

"Probably like four hours at the least." She works the most on Saturdays because she usually shows clients around open houses on the weekends. February nods and snuggles up next to me, pulling up the laptop into her arms.

"Netflix?" She asks, and I nod happily.

"Netflix is always great. You can go in my room and I'll grab snacks." I walk to the kitchen and grab the remainder of cookie dough ice cream along with a bag of barbecue chips and two soda cans.

I flop on the bed beside her with the food, pulling the thick comforter over my legs as I scoot closer to February.

"Did you pick anything yet?" She nods and points excitedly to the screen. 'Children of the Corn.' I laugh loudly at her choice and she pouts, grabbing a spoon and taking a bite out of the pint.

"It sounds ridiculous." I manage to say in between laughs and she shakes her head.

"It's kind of funny to me but it's supposed to be scary. You'll love it." I groan and she laughs, linking her fingers inbetween mine. She rests her head on my shoulder, contently waiting as the screen loads.

"Whatever you say." I whisper.