3.7

I give my mom directions to Quinn's house, cursing every red light and slow car in front of us. Sooner or later we make it, and we aren't even completely stopped when I jump out of the car and race to the door. I knock three times in a row to reveal a weary looking Quinn.

"I'll go get her. She's been in the bathroom since you called and won't come out." I nod slowly and she almost shuts the door, not completely. A few minutes later February comes out, puffy eyes and tangled hair, wearing a pair of my sweatpants and a sweatshirt.

Her arms wrap around me quickly, her face pressed against my neck, and all I can hear is her sobbing, barely even breathing. I gesture to Quinn that it's okay for her to go back inside, and she smiles slightly at me.

"Love you February." She says quietly, shutting the door and leaving us alone. My arms wrap around her tightly and I rub slow circles on her back.

"My mom's in my car right now and I'll drive you home in your car." She only answers by crying some more and slowly nodding. I wave at Mom as she sits in the truck, letting her know she can drive home if she wants to. She holds up a peace sign and if February wasn't so upset I would've laughed.

"We can leave anytime you want, just let me know." I whisper to her, and she pulls away from the embrace and wipes her eyes.

"Sorry I'm ruining your Christmas." She mutters, laughing weakly. I hold her chin to look up at me and I press our foreheads together, closing my eyes and placing my hands right above her hips.

"You couldn't ruin anything for me February. I'm happy to spend it with someone I love."