0.2

I woke up laying in front of my door, head throbbing and dizzy. Confusion washes over me like thick waves of salt water. And then I remember where I am.

My hands moved to my phone and I groan. Twenty seven minutes until school. A new school. I hastily got ready and climbed in my car without saying good bye to my mother.

My pick up was covered in raindrops. I lean back in the seat and try and clear my head before I drive. I begin to replay the last week in my head

Chicago
Mom
Dad
Dad
This car
He bought it for me

I hit my hand on the steering wheel, causing the horn to blare. The old lady walking her dog a few feet away turns to flip me off, I gaped at her for a moment before flipping her off and racing off down my street.

My phone spoke every few minutes to give me directions, and as I grow closer the anxiety in my chest grows. I comb my hair through my thick brown hair and straighten the maroon sweatshirt I'm wearing. I pull into the parking lot and hop out of my car. I have three minutes to find my new class. Easy enough.

I dont care enough to impress anyone here. Most people try hard on their first day of school, and as for me, I am wearing a sweatshirt and sweatpants.

I find my first period with a minute or so to go. I wipe the sleep out of my eyes and step into the room, and I immediately lock eyes with a very familiar girl.