0.1

The wind whipped around my face rapidly and I blinked as a few raindrops fell on my face. My mind was traveling at one hundred miles a minute and I cant get myself to slow down.

I glanced down and realized I was still in my pajamas, my running shoes hastily tied on my way out. I sat on the swing set on the edge of the park, gazing out into the rain, and somehow trying to figure out what is happening. I leaned my head against the chain and closed my eyes.

And I started crying.

My tears turned into muffled cries, my muffled cries turned into sobs. I didnt even know when I decided to sit on the ground, leaning against the swing set pole. My long arms were tucked under my knees, I curled up in a ball, hoping the earth would fall out beneath me.

My chest was burning with grief and I just wanted to throw up all of my feelings, be done with this sick roller coaster I've been stuck on since November.

My sobs turn to subtle and few tears, sliding out every minute or so as I gazed into the distance.

Two feet suddenly appeared before me, and as I glanced up a whole body was attached to it. I wiped the tear trails off of my face as I glanced up at her. She held her hand out to me, and for a second I wasn't sure if she was there or I was imagining her all together. She grasped my hand and pulled me up into a hug.

"You shouldn't hug strangers" my voice is hoarse and I have to clear it a few times

"You look like you needed a hug"

"I could be a serial killer for all you know." The girl pulls away from me and puts out her hand.

"February Ashford,"

"Pierce Finnigan" My voice is cracking and I freeze. She steps toward me and I step back. A dance. And then I run.

My chest is on fire when I get back to my house. Where ever I went, it was probably three miles away. I run through the door, past my mother and to my room. I lock my door and lean against it, letting the grief pour out of me until there is nothing left.