2.7

Mondays are probably my worst day of my week. I usually wake up late, and end up going to school late. Yet, this morning was completely different.

I was up at my alarm and didn't hit snooze. I got ready faster than usual and was able to drive by Starbucks for February and I. When she jumped in my truck I passed her a peppermint mocha, her favorite, and she squealed before reaching over the center console and kissing me lightly, the taste of coffee on my lips and maple syrup on hers mixed and I still feel like she is a dream.

She slips back into the passenger seat and looks out the window, her cheeks pink with warmth, her hair is lightly curled and she's wearing a thick black sweater and a sparkly silver scarf that makes her eyes look even more blue. The weather outside my truck isn't too bad, it's not raining anymore. I'm so used to the harsh weather of Chicago that California's weather is nothing. I grab February's hand it squeeze it, just to let her know I'm here, and I'm thinking of her.

We sit in silence for five minutes or so until the bell rings. I jump out of my truck and lock it up, double checking to make sure it's locked. February and I take our time walking to class, swinging our interlocked hands as we walk and making small talk. We wait a minute before the final bell rings, and we step inside.

A few people snicker as we walk in, but I ignore it, thinking it has to do with something else. I walk over to my seat and February plops down into hers. She takes her small soft hands and places them on her desk, interlocking them, like she usually does with mine.

I turn my attention to the front, and try to pay attention to the muscle diagram on her screen. I hear a low laugh behind me, and I turn around and it stops immediately. February notices what is going on and looks at me with confusion. I shrug and try to focus on Mrs. Montoya's lecture.

February sits in silence, one hand with a pencil held to the paper and another hanging off her desk, shaking. I can't help but stare, and I'm about to say something when she sees me and yanks it back up onto the desk and swallows the lump in her throat. She turns around and kids start laughing right away.

"Shut up." I say loudly, turning around to the kids behind us. I pull out a piece of paper and write and not and roll it up passing it to February.

Don't worry about it. They're assholes.

It's the only thing written inside and she opens it and faintly smiles, sliding into the front of her binder. She wipes the corner of her eye and I can tell she's crying, and there is no trace of a smile on her lips.

The rest of class isn't as bad. What I did apparently was enough for them to stop. I just want to make everything better for her. She doesn't deserve this on top of everything else in her life.

The bell rings and she is the first to race out, me jogging to catch up with her.

I catch her by the wrist and look at her blue eyes, hidden behind her tears. I stand there looking back at her sadness, my mouth hangs open like I want to say something, but nothing comes out.

"I'm no good for you." She says to me, attempting to pull her wrist out of my grasp and I pull her closer.

"February, you have got to be fucking kidding me. I want you with all I've got okay? I've known you for almost a month and I can't imagine my life without you. Without you I would probably be drinking the nights away, smoking and doing so much crazy shit I would be dead by nineteen. You make me a better person. You bring out the good in me. For me, please stop pulling away from me. You're really all I have." My throat feels constricted and she pulls me closer to her until I'm pressed against her body, holding on with everything I have. Because I cannot lose her. It's too hard to lose someone you love.
☼☾☆☼☾☆☼☾☆
Dedicated to BrightGhouls , you're an amazing fan, you always comment and vote and I have to dedicate this to you!

I'm so happy with the story as it continues, almost 5k reads!!! Last week it was only 1k so this is sincerely a dream come true, doing what I love and making others happy (: thanks to you all for reading I love each and every one of you !

Peace out buttholes (: