Chapter 42

One night. Just one night did Katsuki fall asleep peacefully and that was on the twenty second of December when Izuku had given him the teddy bear.

It's been four months and within those four months Katsuki didn't try to make a single effort if anything it got worse. His grades had fallen from being a A+ student to becoming a C- or on occasion a D student. His training on the other hand got way more aggressive destroying his hands, his knuckles would be covered with blood by training off school campus, he would dunk his hands in hot water and make the biggest explosions he could possibly do and even then he wasn't satisfied. As for his eating habits he no longer ate with his classmates he ate by himself in his room. Some days he wouldn't even eat at all however occasionally on those days he would eat one apple and drink one water bottle, but other than that nothing.

It was now April and it was Katsuki's birthday. Izuku remembered Katsuki's birthday since he marked it on his All Might themed calendar. That morning he got dressed for school and headed downstairs to be meet with all his classmates minus Katsuki which in his opinion was great.

"Hey guys it's Bakugo's birthday today. Let's throw him a party. What do you say?" Everyone looked at each other and Mina spoke. "I think Bakugo might go home and spend his birthday with his family. So it probably won't give us enough time to spend it with him."

"I guess you are right, but we can still try don't you guys care about him?" Izuku said as he grabbed an apple to eat as his breakfast. "Look Midoriya it's not like we don't want to throw him a party I just think it won't be a great idea if he is going home and spending it with his family." Kirishima said. "If you say so." With that Midoriya left and headed to school.

***

As Izuku sat in his chair he put his full focus on the ash blonde hair that was in front of him. Izuku thought of what Katsuki liked, but really couldn't come up with anything since he didn't know him at all.

Kinda sucks that our classmates don't want to do anything for him. Well it doesn't matter because I will end up doing something for him. I will go to the grocery store after school and buy some ingredients to make him a small meal and buy him a cupcake. Yeah that would be great! But I don't know his favorite food. Oh well I will just make katsudon it's the only thing I know how to make that comes out great. Yeah I will do that! Izuku thought to himself.

***

Once school was over Izuku shoved all his belongings into his backpack and ran out the door heading to the grocery store.

When Izuku arrived to the store he grabbed a cart and walked through the aisles of the grocery store grabbing the ingredients to make the katsudon. He stopped in front of the pastry place he looked thought the selection of cupcakes and found a All Might theme cupcake and grabbed it. "This is gonna be great!"

***

While Izuku was planning on surprising Katsuki, Katsuki sat in his dorm room his lights off and his curtains blocking the afternoon sunlight. Katsuki sat in the dark completely shattered.

"Why can't I feel anything?" Katsuki said out loud. Without realizing tears ran down his face as all he could hear were the same voices and the thoughts that crossed his mind.

Katsuki started laughing quietly so no one would come in. Katsuki was suffering and yet nobody dared helped him. They all thought he just isolated himself, which was true, but nobody could truly see the pain that was overwhelming him.

Katsuki was screaming for help in a way nobody noticed. He wanted someone to be there for him. To make the monsters that were in his mind die. To shut them up. Yet no one saw. No one dared to try.