🌹Chapter 41🌹

IAN'S POV

"This steak is really good. You still remain my favorite cook after fifty years mom." Dad said as we ate our lunch in the backyard on a Sunday afternoon. He had invited me over, saying it has been so long since we last had a family meal and of course, my mom invited Alyssa which I don't know why. She's not a part of our family and didn't mom get the hint that I didn't want the girl anymore? Plus she was supposed to invite Zach, not Alyssa!

Nonna smiled at him. "Thank you son, I enjoy cooking for you all."

My mom scoffed but dad ignored her and smiled at his mom. He then looked up at me. "That reminds me my boy, how's your company? Or should I say companies?" He asked clearly proud of my achievements.

I smiled at him. Dad and Nonna were the friendly people in the family, as for my mom, she has always been the strict one who seldom smiled, always had 'her perfect plan' and always had a tight bun. "It's doing great. I keep getting new and new investors every week. And the branch I plan on opening in Canada is really good. Everyone is anticipating for it."

Dad smiled widely at me. "That's really good. I'm so proud of you son. Getting bigger everyday, I bet you have a lucky charm motivating you." He said and smiled politely at Alyssa. I turned and looked at her. I highly doubt she's the lucky charm. My lucky charms were across the city, not the one sitting by me.

"Of course he does, Ally is perfect." Mom chirped in, causing Ally to blush. Of course, they were best of friends.

Nonna who was sitting by me patted my shoulder. "That reminds me, how's that girl from the internet and her daughter?"

Dad narrowed his eyebrows. Of course he didn't know. He never knew the trending stuff on the internet or read gossip magazines. The old man was only interested in top companies and golf clubs. "Which girl?"

"Oh son, a very very beautiful brunette and adorable baby girl. You're always the last to find out. I'm a great grandmother!" Nonna said and laughed at my clueless and very shocked dad.

I felt guilty all of a sudden for not telling him. It had been almost a month and I didn't get  the balls to tell him. As a matter of fact, ever since I left the house that day, I hadn't come back and didn't plan on coming but dad invited me and I couldn't say no. I had planned on telling him today, though not this way.

I saw my mom glare at Nonna. "You're not a great grandmother, mom. Ian didn't even do a paternity test on the child. I don't trust that girl. Four years and she never said anything and just when Ian reaches the top, she claims her bastard child is his? Unbelievable!" My mom said between her teeth and if she wasn't my mom, I swear I'll have punched her for calling my daughter a bastard.

Dad looked at her, utterly shocked. "Madeline you knew about this? And never told me? What is going on here?"

I dropped my fork, knowing lunch had already been ruined and it might just be getting worse onward. "Look dad, I'm sorry. I planned on telling you today, not this way though."

"You have a daughter?" He asked, still in awe.

I nodded.

My mom hit the table causing all eyes to be on her. "No Peter, Ian doesn't have a daughter. I didn't tell you because it isn't true. The stupid young girl just claims Ian got her pregnant. The only thing we can do is get a paternity test..."

"....and if it comes out positive?" I asked in anger.

Mom glared at me. "We take the child and pay the girl off. Alyssa here will raise her for you."