🌹Chapter 32🌹

Welcome back guys...

IAN'S POV

A few minutes later,  we arrived at the park, thankfully, it wasn't so crowded. Only a few families were there, and i looked down at my daughter. She's my own family. "Hey honeybunch, wanna get some icecream?"

She just shrugged and looked away. I know she's acting that way because she's not used to being with me and she doesn't even like me. But i won't give up. I'll do everything i can to deserve her love. She's a good kid and i know she'll find it in her heart to love me.

"Come, we'll get you your favorite flavor." I said as i lifted her up to my hips. I walked to the icecream shop by the park and took a sit by the window. I ordered a big bowl of vanilla icecream for her and went with the peppermint flavor. After all,  it was Tori and I's favourite.  As we waited for our icecream,  i took it as an opportunity to talk with my baby. "Baby?"

She looked at me.

"How are you?"

She shrugged and looked outside.

"You know, you're a very pretty little lady." I trailed off after a while because I didn't know what to say. Again, she did not reply. "I know you'd rather be with your mom than be with me. But I'm so happy that you came anyways."

Again, she did not reply, she just kept looking out. I looked out to see what got her attention but there was nothing captivating out there. "I know you don't want to talk to me. But please honey, we can't be out here together and not talking to each other. I'm willing to do anything to be friends with you. Maybe we can start with friendship?" I asked and this time, she looked at me and shrugged. "I'm sorry i wasn't in the picture from the very beginning."

For the first time since we left the car, she spoke up. "What picture?"

Great, i forgot i was talking to a four year old.  "Not picture, picture. What i meant was, i wasn't in your life from the very beginning. And I really really regret that, honey."

Her next question made me speechless. "Why weren't you around anyway? Did you not like me? I always wanted my daddy, but you were not there. It's only been monmy and I."

My heart broke at what she said. She was actually telling me what was going through her mind. I shook my head in denial. "I swear, honey, i love you. I know I'm only showing up now, but that doesn't mean i hated you or anything. At this point, my world revolves around you. I can't explain why i wasn't around, cause its really complicated but I'm sorry and really hope you can forgive me."

She was going to say something but the waiter brought the icecream. "Vanilla for the beautiful princess and peppermint for you, sir." The young guy said as he placed both bowls on the table. He smiled and walked away after i said my thanks.

Dahlia's attention was now on the icecream. The kid sure loves vanilla just like Tori said. "So i was thinking,  icecream goes really well with cake. How about we order some chocolate cake?" I asked Dahlia with a smile.

"Thanks but i prefer vanilla." She said and focused on her icecream.

I nodded. "Anything for you, honey." I called the waiter again and ordered for two vanilla cupcakes.  He came back with it in no time. When he turned to go, i stopped him. I wasn't sure of my decision but its nice i give it a try. As the waiter stood to hear what i had to say, i turned my attention to Dahlia. "Uhmm...baby, remember when i said earlier that i regret why i wasn't in the picture?" She nodded and furrowed her eyebrows. "Can i be in the picture now? And this time, an  actual picture?" I asked and looked at the waiter, signaling for him to wait a little longer. Thankfully, he understood.