🌹Chapter 19🌹

IAN'S POV

"And as you walk out of that door, walk out of my life as well."

Those words kept playing in my mind. I couldn't concentrate on my driving. I kept running my fingers through my hair in frustration. I could tell she was lying. I knew her so well. I could tell when she was lying and when she was not. The look in her eyes...she could hardly look at me.

And Dahlia? She is such a lovely child. I can't get my mind off her. Asking for a DNA test would simply be an insult to Tori. I mean, I've not been there for the past four years. Not that it was intentional. I really tried to get in contact with her, but to no avail. Dahlia could be nothing above four years old and my heart kept telling me she was mine. But how could i prove it?

Goodness Ian, do you really think you're responsible for her child. You were half way across the world and now you show up and think your ex lover's child is yours?

My brain is messing up with me. The moment i pulled up to my house, Alyssa's warm hug helped me calm down. Alyssa's a great girl. She's kind, bubbly and very beautiful. Although she can be a headache sometimes and she doesn't like nonna. But aside from that, she's good. If Tori wants nothing more to do with me, maybe i can concentrate on Alyssa.

But no. You just don't forget about the sweetest and nicest girl you love.

Loved, Ian. Loved.

I roll my eyes at my subconscious mind. I need to talk to Tori. Something's wrong somewhere. Why did she suddenly disappear? Why didn't she pick up my calls? When did she get another lover? And to top it all, have a baby? What happened to all the money she had? To the point where she was one of the kitchen staff in my company without my knowledge? Was she cheating on me when we were dating? No. It can't be. Tori wasn't that type of girl. She loved me and would never cheat on me.

How sure are you?

I swear, my subconscious mind is messing with me. I need a drink. I need to get to the root of all this.

******

TORI'S POV

That night, as i gave Dahlia her bath, i couldn't help but shed silent tears. She was too good for me to hurt her like this. But Ian hurt me more. He left me for his football career which in the end, he didn't even become the footballer. I tried calling him but he had changed his number. I even tried to get to him through social media but to no avail. And now he comes back here as if nothing happened. As if he didn't just get me pregnant and leave? He even had the nerve to hold my daughter.

She's his daughter too, Tori.

I rolled my eyes. So long as he doesn't know that Dahlia is his child, she belongs to me. She's all mine. All I've got.

"Momma?"

I wiped my tears quickly and rinsed my daughters body. "Yes baby."

"Why are you crying?" She asked in a sad tone. Dahlia hated seeing me cry.

I forced a smile. "Ohhh, don't mind mommy, or momma." I said, not really used to her new name for me. "I wasn't crying. Something just got into my eyes." I lied, knowing she wouldn't believe me. "How was your time out with Rita?"

That seemed to get her in the mood as she smiled brightly. "We had so much fun. I have two flavours of ice cream earlier." She said, raising two fingers up proudly.

I laughed. "You had. Not have. Okay?" I corrected her.

"I had two flavours of ice cream earlier." She said again amd i gave her a big kiss.

"That's my girl. I bet you'd be the smartest kid in class when you start school next week." I told her and she hugged me. I carried my bundle of joy to her room and wore her favourite pyjama. "You're so cute baby." I kissed her forehead again and smiled as she blushed shyly.

"Thank you momma. By the way, who was the man who came to our house earlier?" She asked while i slowly tucked her in. My heart skipped a bit. Why did she have to ask?

I scratched my forehead and knew it was pointless trying to change the topic. Dahlia was very inquisitive. One way or the other, she'll still ask. So i better bury the topic once and for all now. "Uhhh....that guy earlier?"

She nodded with a yawn. She's exhausted, i can tell.

"He's just a guy i know from the past. Nothing important about him. You know....just a random person. And I'm not saying he's a bad guy, but i don't want you to be friends with him baby."

Her eyes could barely stay open. "Why momma?"

I ran my fingers through her hair till her eyes finally shut. I stared at her sleeping body and couldn't hold my tears anymore. "Because he's only going to hurt you baby. He's going to hurt us. He's going to leave us again. Or worst, he may take you away from me."

At this point, that was my greatest fear. That Ian might find out who Dahlia is and take her away from me. I swear, I'd die. I'll loose it if that ever happens. If he takes away my baby girl.

I kept crying as i looked at Dahlia. She was too good. I had to protect her from Ian. He would only hurt my daughter.

Just then, the doorbell rang. I wiped my tears and looked at the time. 9:50 p.m. Who would be looking for me at this time? Ian? Hell no, i told him never to come here. Zach? It can't be Zach. Ever since i told him about Ian being Dahlia's father, he just left and didn't call me after. The doorbell rang again and i went to open it.

Zach stood there, looking at me with pity and concern. I was surprised when he pulled me into a hug. I don't what came over me but i let go off the pain i was feeling and broke down. I couldn't hold back my tears. My heart was aching. After crying for some minutes, we went into the small sitting room and Zach still had me in a warm and comforting hug. "Don't cry, sweetheart. It's gonna be alright." He said as he smoothened my hair.

"I'm sorry that i can't tell your cousin that he is the father of my baby. My Dahlia. I'm really sorry that you have to leave with my secret. Its just...just that Ian hurt me. He hurt me so bad, Zach. He just can't know that Dahlia is his. Promise me Zach. Please promise me you won't tell him." I pleaded with Zachary as i cried. "Please help me."

He rubbed my arms and comforted me. "Its okay, Tori. I won't say a word. Its not in my place to meddle in your business with my cousin. I'll mind my business. I'll take care of you and your daughter."

I looked into his eyes and saw only sincerity. Another tear slipped down my eyes. "Thank you. Thank you so much."

______________________________________

Welcome back guys. I'm sorry I'm updating after months. I'm here now and I'll keep updating, i promise. I hope you enjoyed the chapter above. There's more drama in the upcoming chapters.

Please vote if you liked this chapter.