🌹Chapter 25🌹

TORI'S POV

"Uhhh...aunt...i came to see..." Zach was going to answer but the doctor walked out.

The male doctor looked up from the chart he was holding. "Dahlia Donovan?"

"Yes...I'm her mom." I chirped in immediately.

Ian's mom scoffed. "Its not strange you got knocked up so early."

I ignored her and looked back at the doctor. "How's my child?"

The doctor looked at Zach. "Is this her father?"

Ian's mother looked shocked. "Zach? No way."

I turned back to the doctor. "I'm her mother and I want to know what's wrong with my baby."

"Let's talk in my office, if that's fine by you." He raised his eyebrows and I nodded and followed him,  leaving Ian's mother and Zach behind.

The moment we reached the doctors  office, he looked at Dahlia's chart. "From the test we ran on Dahlia, it shows she's having an allergic reaction to olives. Maybe there were olives in the pepperoni pizza toppings  you ate."

I nodded. Shit. How am i only knowing this now? We always eat pepperoni pizza and nothing like this happened before.  "Yes doctor."

"Yes. She's allergic to olives." The doctor  confirmed.

Ian is allergic to olives too. Damn their similarities!

"But there's something else. Something more serious." He said in a calm tone.

My heart skipped. Oh my God, what is wrong now? "What is it doctor?"

"Dahlia is having serious deficiency in iron. I don't know if you noticed the symptoms but she's facing difficulties in breathing. She's anemic. Her red blood cells are so low. I'll place her on an iron supplement and dietary plan. But i advise a blood transfusion as soon as possible. I also noticed she's an AB negative. That's a rare blood type, ma'am."

I stopped hearing his voice, my eyes filled with tears. How is this possible? Dahlia eats healthy food. How can she be anemic to the point where she needs a blood transfusion? An Ian is the one with the AB negative blood type. I'm doomed.

You've got  to  tell him, girl!

"But Dahlia eats healthy food doctor, how come she's sick?" I asked him with quivering lips. "Can't we just focus on on the iron supplement and dietary plan? We don't really need the transfusion, right?" No way on earth am i going to tell Ian.

The doctor shook his head. "Its normal. You may think you eat healthy but still get sick. Dahlia is very young. Her immune system is weak. The transfusion is necessary, so that she gets better once and for all....miss....?"

"Tori Donovan."

He smiled. "So miss Donovan, do you know your blood type?"

The question I've been dreading. "Yes. And its not AB negative."

He nodded. "So maybe Dahlia's father is AB negative. Its good we do a transfusion, we can bypass it though, but still."

No. I don't want to involve Ian in this.

Stop being selfish. Dahlia needs her father now.

I took in a deep breath. "When exactly do you need to do this transfusion?"

"Judging by my studies in psychology, i can tell you do not want to involve the child's father. And since its necessary you involve him, i can give you a week to talk to him and then we can proceed. "