Chapter 15

Byulie took off her coat after ringing the bell on Wheein's penthouse and as soon as wheein opens the door for her, the girl threw herself at byulie's body almost making them stumble on the floor together. Byulie just thanks her strong leg bones for being able to give their body full support despite being so thin.

"You're still the same clingy puppy just like before whee." Moonbyul happily stated, patting the girl's head in the process.

It's been what? 8 years since they parted way? When byulie and her father moved to Korea, she just seldom update wheein due to the busy schedule at their own companies. After 3 years of being away, they totally stop communicating. But when wheein will visit Korea, she will let byulie know so they can catch up and meet.

Both of them understand the situation, they have their own life after all that there are sometimes they forgot about each other.

They also know even if they forgot about communicating, still, their friendship will never be forgotten.

"Oh as if you didn't like it." wheein excitedly said as she back out a bit to look at moonbyul who have a wide grin on her face before she continues scanning byulie.

At first look, byulie can tell wheein's physical appearance somewhat change.

"Where's the food?" Wheein asks, looking at moonbyul's hands hoping byulie bought something to eat. Yup, only physical appearance change. She's still the always hungry puppy that byulie knows before.

Byulie pointed at the plastic bag on the floor beside the door to tell wheein there it is. As wheein trailed her eyes at where moonbyul is pointing, her face instantly light up in delight, jumping excitedly at the food.

They make their way inside wheein's penthouse. The designs and furniture still place accordingly to their right position. Nothing changes, the only thing that changed is the atmosphere. It was more lively and not dull just like any other day when wheein was not here.

"You didn't tell me you're coming? Are you on a vacation?"

Byulie places her coat on the couch as she sat down beside the thick fabric, letting herself fall into a comfortable cushion. Wheein sat not too far away from her after she put the plastic bag in the kitchen.

"Sort of? I'll be staying in Korea for a year." Wheein responded munching a piece of chicken she stole from the plastic bag of food byulie bought for them.

Byulie creased her eyebrows when she realized wheein didn't prepare the food and just leave it in the kitchen. She thinks wheein must be really excited to have a talk with her for a long time.

"Really? And what's supposed to be the reason for the sudden stay? As far as I know, you get easily bored in this place even just for a week."

Wheein hums as a response at byulie. It was true she gets bored easily, but it doesn't mean she doesn't like the country or the exciting things in the place. Wheein's just not fond of being away from home for too long.

"Yeah, I feel homesick back then but.. that was before."

Byulie's eyebrows raised when she took a glance at wheein and there was a slight smile form on her lips. But it vanished immediately when she saw byulie was looking at her.

"Interesting.. what's that supposed to mean?"

Wheein stiffed at her seat, clearing her throat nervously. Byulie fell curious at the tea more when she noticed wheein's troubled state. It's like there is something she wants to tell but didn't know how to say it.

Byulie smile at the girl to encourage her to talk and that was all she did to make the girl took her deepest breath before continuing.

"Uhm, well--" wheein bit her lower lip, indicating she was really nervous at what she wanted to reveal but proceeded to talk anyway "-- I found my home here."