Chapter 22

"W-What? Y-You've gotta be kidding me."

Moonbyul steps back, trying to recollect everything she can remember for the past few days. But as she deeper recall all of those scenarios, byulie clearly pictures out the girl's face..  the girl was now yongsun. 

A little version of her, a younger yongsun.

Byulie closes her eyes when she feels a little pang of pain break inside her head, messaging her temple as she does so. But yongsun didn't saw her since the latter was staring directly at the moon above, admiring its beauty and majestic glow.

"If you can't still remember me. Then give me the pleasure to share a few things that happened." Yongsun continues, walking at the edge of the veranda, letting the cold air linger in her lungs as she inhaled it silently. 

Moonbyul's breathing becomes shallow but she used her time to look at yongsun's back view, just to be sure she was serious about this. Even if she can't see yongsun's face, she feels it was true. Yongsun was saying the truth.. but how?

Just as byulie's thoughts tangled, yongsun started to explain making her shut her mouth and listen carefully.

"It was early in the morning when I run away from home. Me and my parents argued about migrating here to Korea. I was so mad at them that I went out crying and didn't tell them where would I go. Turns out I didn't know also, I just let my feet drag me to whatever place I get. Basically, I got tired and took a rest.. That's when a girl approached me asking if I was okay since she saw me crying. That girl was you, byulie."

Moonbyul slowly walks towards yongsun but no too close to feel her. She keeps her distance 2 meters apart, afraid that if she interrupts the girl, she'll stop the explanation. 

"I remember telling all my problems to you, to a stranger. But seriously I wouldn't mind if who you are, I just want someone to talk that time. Glad you never leave, all you did is listen and hear my cries out. I was thankful you didn't judge me and all too. You even bought me ice cream as we play at the park. We run, climbed places, and catch each other, normal happy kids."

"And when we got tired and it's quite dark, we walk back to where you saw me and spend our remaining time there because we know any minute from now, one of us will bid our goodbyes. We shared interesting stories, laughed like we know each other for years, and talk like a mature person. And think of it, we played all day but we don't know each other's names. That's when you tell me yours by pointing the moon above us."

That's the time moonbyul remembered doing, smilingly pointing the moon-- introducing herself to her newfound friend which is yongsun.

"Moon, that's the name you introduce to me. And because of it, I told you my name is Sun... I don't know.. just to match the opposite I think. Moon and Sun, since I have that in my name. Unique names for a unique people."

"And as we talk deeper your--"

"My mother came and get me.."

"Yeah, I remember that part." Moonbyul responded, letting yongsun know she was aware of some parts and that even she has amnesia, she's doing her best to recall them. That simple reply made yongsun smile to herself.