Chapter 23

"How long did you sleep?" Lisa asks when she saw moonbyul in her office, resting her head on her desk as if she was damn exhausted. Her eye bags are nearly visible and if she doesn't apply makeup, it is surely noticeable that she's lack of sleep. 

I didn't even know if I slept. Moonbyul thought to herself.

After their talk with yongsun, moonbyul walks back to her own room with heavy breathing. She didn't sleep in the latter's bed, she possibly can't knowing what the girl just did. Moonbyul doesn't want to overboard boundaries, and she didn't think she can keep her hands to herself after yongsun just turned the switch on. 

How long she did keep her hands to herself anyway? 6 to 7 months? When she laid her eyes at yongsun, when moonbyul was winning her attention, she promises herself not to commit to the other woman except for this girl. Which she surprisingly did. Moonbyul didn't have time to find someone either knowing she was busy getting yongsun to herself. 

"Come on byulie. Don't just look at me, talk.." Lisa persuade. Just by looking at her best friend, Lisa knows byulie was going onto something. She looks stress and tired, and she's quiet too. Not the typical moonbyul she knows.

Lisa wasn't aware of yongsun since byulie promise not to tell anyone about it, even her best friend. 

"Nothing, just lack of sleep. You know... work and stuff."

"You think you could fool me? I know you're hiding something moonbyul. You've been distant to me since weeks ago. And you think I didn't know about how you secretly visit yongsun's office every now and then? Tell me.. is there something going on between you two?" Lisa truthfully revealed and moonbyul could only curse under her breath. She didn't want to hide this from her bestfriend but she can't also break her promise to yongsun. So with a heavy heart, she chose what's best for now.

"No--"

"Yes, there is." 

Moonbyul's words cut off when a voice from the exit answer the question for her. And as she darted her gaze to the door, there they saw yongsun standing with her thick glasses but have this mischievous smile on her face. Moonbyul was sure her heart nearly leap through her chest due to nervousness. 

But what did she say? There is?

"Hi, Lisa. Can I have moonbyul for a moment?" Yongsun was talking to Lisa but her eyes are fixed on byulie only. Lisa's mouth went agape when yongsun address byulie with her real name, the name she's been hiding for years. 

"Yo-Yongsun.. I-Is there any p-problem?" Moonbyul was stuttering as she asks yongsun. 

Lisa on the other hand just stares at the two back and forth, studying every person's expression in the room. There is something moonbyul should explain to her next time.

"It's lunch. Aren't you hungry?" Yongsun dismissively said as she walks back to her own office, without glancing back, leaving the two speechless behind. Moonbyul looks at Lisa with I'll explain later look before she stood up, ready to follow yongsun. 

"You're seriously gonna explain everything to me." All Lisa could say before moonbyul exit the room with an apologetic smile.

Moonbyul ran out from Lisa's office but got stumbled upon Jennie who's likely stunned to see her. An awkward situation lingered in the air as their eyes both meet. Jennie's aware of what's the role of byulie in yongsun's life and what role she is in this company. It's normal for her to feel awkward when all she knew for years is byulie was just a normal person and turns out it's the real CEO.