Chapter 3- Training

*AN: I know it's a little late to be saying this, but feel free to tell me how you think I'm doing, no matter how bad or good you think it is. I need what I can get to become a better writer.

Previously: 

Walking up to you it, you see engraved into the hilt, "Elizabeth Frye." You have found where your mother wanted you to go. You have found a way to fight back, and learn, and avenge your mother. Now all you need to do is take that first step, and it all starts in this sanctuary.

Currently:

It's been a few days since you've found this place, you've explored what you could, and have found just about everything you need. 

Behind the meeting area was a small living quarters, complete with a kitchen, and a decently sized bedroom. Behind the armory was what seemed to be a barracks where multiple people could live in at a time. In the library was a false wall that was some kind of treasury

You realize that since, you're probably gonna be a here awhile, you should clean up what you can. Using some of the cloth just lying around, you begin dusting what you can. Getting as many cobwebs and as much dust as you can, you admire your handiwork by taking a deep breath that would have otherwise been restricted in the old, dusty air around you. 

Deciding you should probably get to work on learning what you can, you hit the books and scrolls in the library. You first learn the rest of the alphabet and language. Your formal education was cut short by previous events. 

(Time skip 3 months)

Three months is what it took you to learn what you could about language, three months of learning pronunciation and grammar. It was difficult with out outside help, but you managed to get through it. 

Using your newfound reading ability you learn other things, such as learning that your mysterious ability was called "Eagle Vision" and that it's been in your family line for hundreds of generations. 

You learned about the history of your ancestors. About the Kenway's Connor, Edward, and Haytham, the betrayer. About the legendary Altaïr who redeemed himself in the 3rd Crusade, and Ezio, who liberated Italy and Constantinople from templar rule. Someone that really interested you was Desmond Miles, an assassin from 2012, who sacrificed himself to protect the world from a solar flare.

The historical figures that were involved in this conflict as well astounded you. Everyone from Leonardo Da Vinci, who made major technological advancements in the brotherhood, to Ben Franklin, one of the founding fathers of one of the biggest countries in the world.

Something that also interested you in this period of your life was the ancient civilization that created artifacts powerful enough to alter the minds of whoever they were used on. You were fascinated by their power, and how they could change the world. 

(Time skip 4 months)

You were now 5 years old. You've studied what you could about the history of the world as the assassins have known it. In your time not studying you worked with the weapons in the armory, getting a feel for how they worked. 

The mechanisms in the hidden blades were complex, and exciting. They had so many different types and upgrades that fit so seamlessly together, there wasn't one configuration that was better than the other, it was all just dependent on the user's skill set. 

The ranged weapons were also completely insane for their time, the air rifle coming out of the 1750's, a mini-wrist mounted crossbow in the French revolution? All seemingly from the future in terms of their time

Everything you've found so far has been mind-blowing. 

You haven't just been learning how they worked, you also learned how to use them. You used the rifle to teach yourself how to aim. It was a smooth weapon, that had little recoil, so you could get used to it quickly. 

You decided to use your mother's sword in her memory, you used it everyday, just getting used to the weight of it. You were clumsy and unbalanced in it's use since you were still only 5 years old, but you never gave up. 

You had yet to train with the hidden blades though, since they seem to be a symbol of promotion within the order. You were trying to keep the traditions alive as much as possible since you were hoping to revive the brotherhood from the ashes that you've inherited. 

(Time skip 5 years)

In these five years you've honed your craft, going over techniques again and again. They were no longer a thing to think about, it was just muscle memory. You've mastered your parkour and climbing skills by free-running throughout the country. Making every finger have peak human grip strength. 

You've gotten amazing with your aim, and you could handle your mother's sabre as if it were an extension of yourself. You had yet to actually fight anyone with the blade, but you thought you had a good shot of winning in a sword fight. 

You've also discovered your quirk in this time, although it was difficult to tell at first. It wasn't something super flashy like creating explosions in your hands, or breathing fire. It was super-human reflexes. Considering the fact you were constantly training reflexes already as part of your training to become an assassin, you just chocked it up to that at first. But eventually you started to react to things you didn't really train for. You could dodge darts shot out of the air rifle after a misfire, you could catch a book falling without even so much as a glance. It was too great to just be a result of training. 

You haven't just been a hermit in these five years either, you went out and bought things for yourself, socialized with people, although you didn't really have a whole lot of time for a hobby. Unless you counted your fascination with the history and technology of the brotherhood as one. 

Also in these five years, you have kept up with your schooling and have learned many things thanks to the library that was here. You've learned first aid, anatomy, and many types of martial arts, ranging from karate, to judo, and American style boxing.

Tomorrow, was a special day for you though, you've practiced all you could with what you had, you've  studied the techniques in that library thousands of times over, now it was time for you to make your sacrifice. 

*AN: Who should I ship you with? I originally thought about Miruko, or maybe Momo, but tell me who you want. Who knows, if enough people want it, I'll make it a harem story considering that most of the game protagonists had multiple lovers. Just tell me, I promise I'll find a way to make it work.

Also, should I just do the branding of the ring finger? Or the amputation? They're both traditional, and both happen throughout time depending on which brotherhood you follow.