𝚁𝚢𝚞𝚗𝚘𝚜𝚞𝚔𝚎;

HAIKYUU!!
> Tanaka Ryunosuke

requested by Ventingtomysis

a/n; this is quite rushed. hope you enjoy. 

CW/TW;  just a big softie reader comforting best boy <33333

A tall [h/c] haired boy was roaming around Karasuno High School's ground during after school hours

A tall [h/c] haired boy was roaming around Karasuno High School's ground during after school hours. In a search of his boyfriend. He waited at the school gates for him but he had forgotten that Ryu had Volleyball today. So he went on and head towards the school gym.

Standing upon the gym doors, he gently knocked on them and slowly slide the large silver door open. Peeping his head in, he looked around for a bald head. Still having no sight of the said male. Huffing in slight annoyance, he left the gymnasium. Walking around the school grounds once again. Worry started to swell up inside him. He bit his lower lip and decided to go to the nearest vending machine as he was thirsty.

As [Name] walked closer to the vending machine, he heard faint sniffles. Someone has definitely been crying here. Being his curious self, he walked up towards them silently, trying not to disturb them. Creeping beside the vending machine, he sees a familiar bald head boy. Sitting, knees held close to his chest.

"Ryu..?" [Name] softly whispered, making the male on the ground flinch. Ryu quickly let go of both of his legs and wiped away his tear-stained face, sniffing in his running nose. When he finished, he turned his body around, only to see his lover's worried expression. "A-ah! [Nickname]! What are you doing here?"

"..What are you doing here?" the taller male asked back, emphasizing the word  'you'. Ryu let out a chuckle and scratched the back of his head. Trying to think up of an excuse for [Name]. "It's nothing! Just came here to buy some drinks! Cause you know, Volleyball.." He laughed awkwardly, patting the metal material-ed machine. [Name] frowned and smacked his head. "Liar. You're not even in your uniform. Dumbass.."

"Oh.. right," another nervous chuckle came out. The taller male let out a short sigh through his nose. Sitting down on the cold concrete, pulling his lover down with him. Arms reached around the smaller one and embraced him tightly.

"What's wrong, Ryu? Your face is all messed up. Nose red and runny, your eyes seems so tired. I heard someone crying earlier on, was that you love?" [Name] pulled the hug away and gently placed his [Skin Texture] hand on Ryu's cheek, making him melt into the touch. The said male stared into his boyfriend's eyes in shock. Tears started to build up as the sense of adrenaline rushes into his body. He threw himself into [Name]'s chest and tightly gripped his shirt. Sobbing his eyes out and blabbering about stuff that his lover couldn't understand.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. I'm here for you Ryu. Come on, tell me what's wrong?" [Name] said in a softer tone and pulled him closer, caressing his back.  "I-it's just- It's just-..."

"Shh, take your time, dear.. Take your time.."

After a few minutes of calming down, Ryu pulled away from the hug slowly and wiped his tear-stained face. "Are you ready now?.." [Name] asked as he stroked his lover's face gently. Ryu hesitantly nodded and snorted his runny nose. He then reluctantly starts to share his problems with [Name] while the taller male sits there beside him and listened closely to his rambles. Caressing his back as he does it. 

Time passes by when the couple comforts the other who were still stressing over his problems. Showering him with soft and gentle kisses, whispering to him comforting words. [Name] pulled Ryu onto his lap, hugging him tightly as Ryu buried his face on the other males' chest.

"I'm gonna say this again. If you're going through something - whether something small or big, I'm always free to talk to. Plus, I'm your boyfriend... You can tell me anything, okay?" [Name] spoke as he cupped his lover's face, smiling softly at him. "Yeah... I'm sorry about that.."

"Don't be Ryu. Come on, let's go. You have volleyball today, right? Or do you want to skip?"

"Nah, it's fine. I'll go for volleyball. But, can you stay and watch me play? So... I can feel much better," Ryu softly said, face all flushed. The [h/c] head only chuckled and nodded, saying 'yes'. The couple then stood up, intertwined with each other's hands and made their journey towards the school's gymnasium. Before they could enter the gym, Ryu stopped walking and pulled [Name]'s arm.

"[Nickname]! Will you please not tell anyone about this? That was so embarrassing.." Ryu muttered as he tries to hide his hot burning redden face. The other male snickered and laughed.

"[NICKNAME] DON'T LAUGH!"

"HAH- erk! I'm sorry! I won't! I won't! I promised!" his laugh faded out as he was smacked by the wing spiker. "..Thanks.. [Nickname], by the way..."

"It's no problem, Ryu. It's my job as your boyfriend to take care of you. I love you alright?"

"Mhm... I love you too [Name].." Ryu softly replied while [Name] smiled softly. The [h/c] head placed his hands on each side of Ryu's head and gave him a soft kiss on his forehead.