Begone Mangaka!

Before dinner, Tomoko approaches her son with a metal bread pan. "Josuke, can you take this to Cece?" Josuke left the couch to grab the metal bread pan from Tomoko. Josuke shrugs his shoulders. "Sure." He replies. "And asks her for the cinnamon bread recipe." She adds. Josuke left the house to approach Cece's house. He blinks to see no light in the house. A sinking feeling rests on his stomach. "Nah, she might be late." Josuke told himself. Approaching the front door, Josuke looks at his left to see a small garden of succulents. Tucking the bread pan under his left arm, Josuke lifts the clay frog in the middle of the garden to uncap the lid under it. 

Her house key fell to the palm of his right hand. Josuke unlocks the front door. "Sis, are you home?" Josuke calls out for the woman. No response to his calls. He turns on the light of the house. Josuke wonders where the woman especially in this hour. "Probably with Jotaro and the others." He thought to himself. Josuke decides to put the bread pan in Cece's kitchen. He left the kitchen but stops when the house phone rings. He checks the caller I.D. to see it is the Grand Hotel. 

"Hello, is this Jotaro?" 

"I'm afraid not, this is Noriaki Kakyoin. Is Celia there?" 

Josuke shakes his head, "No, she is not home yet." He grips the phone a bit tighter as questions begin to form in his mind. If she isn't there with them, then where is she? Kakyoin's voice brings him back to reality. "I called the shop but she doesn't answer..." Josuke could hear a hint of worry in Kakyoin's voice. The sinking feeling in his stomach felt heavier. He couldn't blame the man since Cece had disappeared before. "I'm sure she will be back soon. I'll tell her to call you back as soon as possible." Josuke tries to ease his worries. 

"Thank you, Josuke. I'll let you go now." Kakyoin ends the call with a simple farewell. Josuke places the phone back and left Cece's house. He will check from his house if she comes back home later on. 

+++

Early in the morning, Tomoko opens the front door to pick up the bottles of milk next to her door. She checks the seals to make sure it isn't broken like last time. The woman wonders if Cece had returned home last night since Josuke told her that she wasn't here. That is certainly strange since Cece would try to return home as soon as possible to get some sleep before working the next day. Lately, she notices her friend get home a bit later than usual. 

She is able to pry some information from her son. Cece's old friends are in town. Tomoko didn't know that Cece and Jotaro are friends. "What a small world..." She thought to herself. The woman looks up to see a silver car drove past her home to park in front of Cece's house. Tomoko decides to check who it is, out of curiosity. Her eyes widen to see a tall red-haired man stepping out of his car to approach Cece's front door. "Another man...? Is it one of Cece's friends?" Tomoko thought to herself. She approaches Cece's house to see Kakyoin at the front door. Ringing the doorbell, Kakyoin waits for an answer. 

His purple eyes made contact with Tomoko who is watching the scene. Kakyoin turns to Tomoko. He sends a polite smile to her, walking towards her. "Hello, did Celia left the house earlier?" He asks. Tomoko studies the man with a bit of caution since she has never seen him before. He decides to introduce himself to ease her caution. 

"I'm Noriaki Kakyoin, a friend of Jotaro. Celia didn't reply to my calls last night so I am worried about her." Tomoko could see how much he cares about her friend. She let out a sigh then looks at Cece's home. "Well...I didn't see Cece come home last night or saw her in the morning. It's strange, she usually calls me or Josuke if she is coming home from her shop." Tomoko tells the man. "Mom?" The adults turn to Josuke with his school bag tuck under his left arm. "Morning, Josuke." Kakyoin greets the teenager.