Ghosts in the Alley!

Since that day, Cece had to look over her shoulder since Jotaro didn't tell her when Kakyoin will arrive. He probably thought she will run away again if he told her. "I told him that I won't run away." Cece thought to herself. Turning the page of the manga of Pink Dark Boy, she let out a sharp sigh. She doesn't remember if she read the previous pages or not. "Okay, I need to focus..." Cece told herself. Closing the book to put it away on the shelf of the register, Cece keeps herself occupied with her store. 

She'll think about it later...

+++

After closing at five in the evening, Cece locked up everything and grab her purse. Looking up at the dark sky, she decides to walk around town so she can think about what she would do if Kakyoin is around. Avoiding him is out of the question. She can't run from her problems. Besides, she has to face her past head-on since they have to work together to deal with the threats in Morioh. But how she will act around him, she can't exactly brush under her confession to him years ago. 

Even after eleven years, Celia Caesar still bears strong feelings towards him. She should move on but her fucking heart tells her otherwise. Turning the corner of a convenience store of Owson. "Ugh...damn feelings..." Cece mutters, hiding her face with her hands. Her burning cheeks made her silently curse at herself. She shouldn't indulge herself with her feelings since a lot can change after so many years. Cece doesn't know if he moved on. 

...Maybe he finds someone else who can love him...

No, she should be happy for him. Kakyoin is his person who can make his own choices. Cece will push down her feelings in the deepest part of her soul. She will sacrifice her feelings if he found his happiness. She will be a mature adult. Adults make sacrifices. Her heart will not like it but it will be the right thing to do for Kakyoin. 

It sucks but she can live through this. right?

"Okay...I'm done. I will act like we are friends when he shows up. Yeah..." She told herself then removes her hands from her face. Cece found herself facing a bright red vending machine that displays various drinks. Blinking once and twice, Cece looks around to find herself in a neighborhood with large houses behind the tall walls. She walks to the corner of the long alleyway to turn. "...Huh?" She thought she was walking along the streets but she found herself here. Cece stops at one house with their family name on the mailbox, Yonemori.

This place looks familiar. "Excuse me, Miss!" A female voice calls out to her. Cece turns around to face the source. Her eyes widen to see Reimi, the wandering soul of this alleyway. "Are you lost?" She asks with a polite smile. Even though Reimi is asking she is lost in this alleyway, Cece felt her question hit a bit harder than home. "I suppose I am." She chuckles weakly. The ghost watches Cece sits down with her back to the wall.

She looks up at the sky in silence. Her answer made Reimi look closer at Cece. It looks like she has a lot in her mind. Reimi walks towards Cece to hold up an open box of Pocky. "Want one?" Cece takes up on Reimi's offer. Pulling out the pocky from the box, the tip snaps off. "Hmmm, you have some unrequited love! You tend to put others before yourself. You are quite selfless, aren't you?" Reimi spoke up. The woman blinks.