New Friends

Josuke, Okuyasu, and Koki sits at the same table. Cece and her friends sit at the table next to theirs. They decide to meet together at the familiar cafe. The group can't believe this is the girl that they faced last week. "Nice to meet you all! People know me as Aki-chan." Koki raises her hair to reveal her normal appearance. Koki looks at them, "But you can call me Koki." 

"Haha, welcome to the team Koki-chan!" Okuyasu welcomes the girl in which the girl's cheeks turn pink. "W-well...you guys need all the help you can get." Koki replies. Josuke watches Koki fidgeting in her seat. "No need to look nervous around us." Okuyasu spoke up. Koki broke eye contact with them to look away from them. "I'm not nervous." She replies. "It's just..." Her words are stuck in her throat. What was she supposed to say? She barely interacts with people her age. The only social interaction she has when she was Aki-chan who just greets her fans with a fake smile. 

Pushed into a life of a pop star, she doesn't have time to herself since it is used to create songs, sing, and other things. Meeting all these people, she just wanted not to screw up any chances to form some sort of relationship. They are forgiving and kind to her despite being their enemy earlier. The urge of getting to know them rests heavily on her mind. She just wants to know why she wants to develop a bond with them.

The silence made the boys nervous since they saw Koki holding a wave of emotions in her eyes. The boys glance at each other for a moment. "What you like to order? Their shortcake is good here!" Okuyasu tries to break the awkward atmosphere. Koki looks at the menu in front of her. "Shortcake? I never had that before." Koki replies. The boys look at her in shock. "Seriously?!" Okuyasu cries out. Koki almost jumps in her seat to see the boys in shock. "W-what are you so shocked about?" She asks them. 

Josuke points at another dessert in the menu, "Castella?" Koki shakes her head. "Anyone already tried this - ice cream?" Josuke adds. His question is met with silence. "SERIOUSLY!?" The boys howl out. What kind of childhood did Koki live through? Okuyasu places his hands on the table, looking at her. "You need to get try them." He declares. Koki couldn't get another word as the boys call the waiter to order a shortcake for her. She blinks at the boys. "...Maybe I shouldn't say the only dessert I ate is just fruits." Koki thought to herself. 

At the adult table, they watch the interactions between the teenagers. Jotaro glances at the boys interact with Koki. The girl simply sits in her seat, just listening to the boys begin to list all types of desserts she needs to try. "At least, they are getting along well." Kakyoin chuckles at the sight. Jotaro turns back to Cece and Kakyoin sitting across from him. Cece smiles in reply. "I'm glad." She adds. A yawn left her lips. "You look terrible." Jotaro spoke up. Cece gave him a short glare. "Seriously, Jotaro? Well, you are right. I look like shit right now." She replies. Kakyoin shakes his head. "Nonsense, you still look-" 

Cece chuckles under her breath. "No need to lie to me. I don't mind." Kakyoin smiles softly when seeing her lips curve up. At least Cece is in a better mood. The woman glances at the girl to be served a slice of shortcake. Josuke and Okuyasu watch her take a hesitant bite from the cake. 

Her eyes sparkle. "I...It's good." Koki breathes out. The boys mentally cheer in victory. Cece kept an eye on Koki who displays happiness in her eyes. "I just want to make sure she is staying comfortably at my place that's all." Cece spoke up. She doesn't know why but she has the urge to take in the girl. It just is the way she was raised to be a big sister and parental figure. "At least she is warming up to me and my place." Cece said in a soft voice. 

She turns back to her friends. Jotaro could see she grown attached to the girl. It seems she is becoming a mother figure that they are familiar with. "The only thing we got is her name Koki Junpei. Her parents are still alive. They don't seem worried that she is missing for two months. They made no attempt placing a missing person's case." Jotaro grumbles under his breath. Cece leans forward, resting her chin on her right hand.