Chapter 1

"Who is this?"

A man said, and popped up on a little screen at the gate. He looked to be in his mid thirties. I pulled down the hood of my thin jacket, and showed my face. The blood from my cuts finally got washed away by the rain. He looked shocked, but said nothing.

"It's pouring out here. Can't you just let me in please?" I asked, without showing any emotion. I was freezing and soaked from the rain, plus I had bruises all over my face and body.

"I'm sending someone out to search you, and if you're clear you can come in okay?"

"Okay."

After about five minutes, a man dressed like a bodyguard came towards me. When he came a little closer, I could see the machine gun in his hands. Jeez, how dangerous do you think I am? I thought. He came onto my side of the fence, and told me to spread out my arms and started searching my body for probably weapons, or anything dangerous or suspicious.

After a little too much of searching and touching me, he stood up. He put a finger to his ear, and said, "she's clear. We're coming in." the gate opened up, and he followed me inside.

I knew exactly what this place was. It was the avengers mansion.

When I stepped inside the big building, I was greeted by the man on the camera. He gave me a towel, and I started drying my hair.

"So who are you?.. And how did you end up here?" he asked.

I took off my jacket, and wrapped the towel around my shoulders.

"Long story" I simply said and sniffled.

Our heads turned, when a door opened from across the room. A man came through the doors, at a rather quick pace. I was confused because he was walking straight in my direction. I did nothing but stare, while he came closer and closer. He stopped right in front of me, and looked me straight in the eyes. Was this supposed to be intimidating? No doubt it was Stark.

"And you are?" he asked while calming down a bit, and taking a small step back. Silence. He leaned his head forward an inch, with a questionable face expression.

"Um I-" but I was quickly interrupted by him.

"Just give me your name, it's not that hard." He said in an irritated tone.

"I'm Audrey." I said without showing my discomfort.

Tony looked at the man who let me in, and then back at me. I looked down at my jacket in my hand. The water was dripping from it, and landing right onto the clear floor. My attention was pulled from my jacket and up to Tony's face, when he started speaking again.

"Happy... Do you know this girl?" Tony asked.

"Never seen her before" Happy responded casually. Tony sighed, and then spoke.

"Look kid you come in here. Soak one of my towels-" Tony looked at the floor under my jacket, where the big puddle of water was. "And... Apparently my floor too. You might as well leave now."

He tried to lead me out, by grabbing my shoulder, but before he could move me, I grabbed his arm and made a twist that put it in lock. The next second he was laying down, with me standing on top of him holding his twisted arm with one foot on his neck.

"You have no fucking idea what I've been through today! And i did not just crash a car and WALK all the way over here in the pouring fucking rain, to just get thrown out like I'm nothing!" I screamed, losing my temper. Happy had taken two steps back. He looked shocked. I let go of Tony's arm, and he coughed a little while getting up. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to-"