Chapter 14

It had been a month with the avengers. I had adjusted to my new life, and was enjoying my new life. Peter and I were closer than ever, and he basically knew everything about me then. The problem is that he won't open up to me, as I've opened up to him. I hope he knows I'll never judge him, no matter what he's done or been through. I was thinking about this all of the time, but I was too afraid to ruin what Peter and I had. He was going to talk eventually, there was lots of time.

Tony had put a lot of his focus on me. Training me, talking to me and making sure I was comfortable here. It felt like I was his daughter, which felt kinda weird because I never had a dad that truly cared about me.

"Good. Good. Move your feet." Tony repeated as I boxed into the air pads he had on his hands. I ducked when he swung one toward my head, just as I had been taught, and hit strategically again and again. He then lowered the pads, and I stopped and grabbed some water. The sweat was running down my body in hot drops. Peter was looking at me, and I immediately wanted him to stop, since I looked absolutely disgusting. I put down my water bottle, and turned back to Tony.

"Great job, why don't you take a little break, and then run a little on the treadmill?" He asked while taking off the pads. I smiled, and nodded approvingly of his suggestion, while wiping a little sweat off my forehead. I took off the gloves, and sat down on a little bench, looking a little at the others working out. I mainly looked at Peter doing hardcore weightlifting, with his shirt off.

"Taking a break already?" Loki interrupted, as he laughed mockingly at me. I rolled my eyes at his childish behavior.

"I've been here for an hour longer than you have Loki, so just mind your own business." I said, clearly annoyed at him, as I always was. It seemed me and Loki could never agree on just one thing.

"I thought robots were supposed to last for longer than three hours." He said, with that smug smile formed by his lips.

"What do you mean?" I asked. He chuckled, and put down the weights he had been lifting.

"You're just an experiment. Don't you remember?" He said, mocking me once again, but now on a personal level that I couldn't accept.

"Well at least I wasn't fucking adopted!" I yelled, wiping that arrogant smile off his face immediately. He started yelling back at me, and honestly I didn't listen to a word he said, because I was too caught up in taking him down. We fought dirty, not giving a shit what the other person felt. I was now standing right in front of him. We kept yelling over each other, not hearing what the other said. Everybody was looking, but no one was saying anything until Tony finally couldn't stand it anymore.

"Enough with you two!" Tony yelled, pressing himself in-between us, splitting us up.

"You've been fighting about basically anything, since you arrived here Audrey! You're going to have to figure out how to be around each other in some way, 'cause I think we can all agree here that your fighting is driving us crazy!" He scolded, making us both realize how idiotic we were being. I think we both knew we were being ridiculous, by even letting each other's comments get to us, but none of us could help but fight back.

"Fine." I said, calming myself down. Tony walked away, and I went for the treadmill.

"At least I wasn't dumb enough to let my mother die." Loki said quietly as I walked by, making sure I was the only one who heard it.

"THAT'S IT YOU ASSHOLE!" I screamed, as I attacked him.

I twirled around on his shoulders and neck, and the next second he was on the ground

I twirled around on his shoulders and neck, and the next second he was on the ground. I had smacked him down on the ground, punching all the air out of his lungs. He was gasping for air, when I pulled him up by his neck, and slammed him into the wall. In a quick motion, I pulled out a knife from the holster that was connected to my suit, and placed it right on his throat threatening his life. He was breathing fast panicked breaths, still trying to catch up the air that had been pumped out of him. I slammed him one more time, and leaned to his ear.

"If you ever say shit like that again I will fucking kill you. And I promise you it will be when you're least expecting it! Got it?!" I whisper-shouted right into his ear. He gave a slight nod, and I let go of him. He fell down, and started coughing. I knew everybody had seen, but I didn't care. He had learned his lesson. I then put my knife back in the holder, and stormed out of the gym, not looking at anyone, even though I knew they were all looking at me.

I had told Peter I was fine, lying to him for the first time. I couldn't stop thinking of Loki's cruel words, meant directly for me. I tossed and turned in the bed next to Peter, who noticed nothing, and kept sleeping peacefully. I looked at the clock. 02.49. I sighed and pulled away the duvet, revealing my naked legs that instantly felt cold. I put on some sweatpants and a hoodie, without waking up Peter. I decided to get some fresh air, to calm down my thoughts, so I walked out the door, closing it carefully.

I somehow reached the roof of the big facility, and sat down on the edge, just looking out on the living city. I couldn't get Loki's words out of my mind. They had played on repeat ever since he had said it. I couldn't hold in those burning tears anymore, and I let it fall. One became two, two became three etc. Crying helped me get unspoken emotions out, and I almost never did it in front of people. But then...

"Hey..." I heard from behind me, and I immediately knew who it was.