Chapter 2

"This is the most uncomfortable I have ever been in my life." I said while looking at the people passing in the hallway. He laughed at my comment.

"Stop laughing, Happy! There's just so many people here it's weird-" I was silenced, when a girl bumped into my shoulder.

"Excuse you!" I yelled after her, but she didn't turn around. I don't even think she heard me. God this place was awful.

"And now I'm invisible." I said with an annoyed smile, while turning towards Happy. My face still looked pretty bad, and it hurt every time I tried talking. He found my temper amusing. I couldn't help but laugh a little, when he did though.

"Listen Audrey. High school sucks. It just does. But you'll get used to it." He said looking back out at all the teenagers passing. What did he just say?! 'you'll get used to it'. Does that mean... oh no.

"Happy, please tell me I'm not gonna go to high school." I said, grabbing both of his shoulders, making him focus on the question.

"Of course you are. Didn't Stark tell you? You start in a week." He said. I let go of his shoulders, crossed my arms and leaned up against a locker still looking at Happy. I should have known shouldn't I?

"And if I don't, Tony kicks me out right?" I asked.

"Well... Yeah" Happy said, now looking at the ground.

I'm gonna go to high school. Great. Just Great. Maybe it won't be that bad. At least I'm gonna have Peter with me. That actually helps, but still... High school is just a bunch of insecure teenagers, walking around being assholes. At least I've always been good in school, but I also had the best teacher I could've asked for. My mom. My mom is dead now. She always wanted me to go to a normal school, but my dad never let me.

"Fine... I'll go to high school. But on one condition. I have the exact same schedule as Peter." I said firmly. Happy thought about it for a second, and then agreed. Right after, his phone started ringing. He answered it. Someone sounded panicked on the other end.

"Yeah-... I-... OKAY! I'll be there in ten!" he yelled at his phone. He hung up and turned to me.

"Sorry, that was my mom. I have to go help her with something, do you think you'll be okay, going shopping with Peter alone? He asked.

"I'll be fine." I said and gave him a little smile. He shot a smile back, and then proceeded to walk out the building in a fast tempo.

Finally the bell rang, and people came streaming out the classrooms. I spotted the blue sweatshirt, and the messy brown hair, and in the same second he spotted me. A big smile formed on his face when he saw me, and I smiled back just as wide as he did. I pulled in for a small hug, and he hugged back. I pulled back, and chose to walk by his side out the school. We were almost out when someone yelled at us. It hadn't taken long for Peter and I to create a friendship.

"Hey Parker! Who's the hottie!?" I stopped. Peter did too, when he realized I had stopped.

"Ignore Flash. Let's just go, he's not worth it." he said, and tilted his head slightly. I knew he was right, so I decided to just go on with him, since he probably had tried this before. After we started walking again, I felt a hand on my butt. FUCK NO! I thought. I was about to turn around and kick this guy's ass, but it was too late. Flash was already kneeling down, whining in pain.

"Say you're sorry." Peter said in a calm voice. Flash didn't say anything. It only made Peter twist his arm even more, making flash scream out.

"I'M SORRY!" Everyone was looking now. Peter let go and Flash fell to the ground. Peter turned around, and put his hand on my lower back, steering me out of the school with him.

- A few hours later -

"Yeah with pickles, and can you squish it down real flat? Thanks." Peter said to the guy at the counter. It was obvious they knew each other.

"And for the lady?" He asked, pointing at me. Peter turned to look at me and held up his wallet to reassure me that he was paying. I looked back at the man.

"I'll just have the same, but without pickles please." I said. He nodded and turned around to start making the sandwiches. Peter had already found us a small table by the window, and was waving me over. I plopped down in front of him.

"Uh y-... You know that thing with Flash?" Peter asked, while fiddling with his fingers.

"Yeah?" I asked, leaning in a little, with curiosity smeared across my face.

"It's just, I don't usually do stuff like that. I felt like... I couldn't just stand there and watch." he said... I like how he stood up for me.

"Peter, it was really great that you did what you did. If you hadn't done it, I would have probably killed him." We both laughed a little.

"Peter, your sandwiches are ready." The man yelled. Peter got up, grabbed the sandwiches and came back.

"Wanna take these to go? We should probably get home, before Mr. Stark flips," Peter said with a light chuckle. I agreed, and got up to gather the shopping bags. Peter picked some up too. I had bought so much clothes, I didn't even know how much money I had used. Pepper just gave me a credit card and told me to buy a new wardrobe for myself. Peter had bought two sweatshirts, I had helped pick out... And I must admit he looked good in them.

We were about 15 minutes from home, when it started pouring rain, just like it did two days ago. He grabbed my hand and decided to run for it. He looked back as we ran, and I could see he was laughing at his ridiculous decision.

"Let's wait it out," He said and pointed across the street. We were now headed towards a bookstore, with a little roof outside we could stand under. Peter looked to both sides of the road and when he saw that no cars were coming he dragged me across the street still running with my hand in his. When we were finally out of the rain, we let go of each other's hands, and laughed a little.

We both leaned on the wall, still standing outside, just listening to the rain. Peter took out his phone and called Happy. He gave him our location, and Happy agreed to picking us up.

"He should be here any minute now," Peter said after waiting a little, and smiled.

"That sounds great, I'm literally freezing," I said, smiling at him. He smiled and looked down at my hand. Slowly, he started moving his own hand closer to mine, eventually lingering his fingers in-between mine.

I didn't know how to respond at first but eventually I thought it felt nice.