Chapter 9

People had left, and it was only us avengers now. We sat and talked in a little couch area. I was small talking with Peter, when Clint decided to interrupt.

"So... Audrey. I think it's time you show us what you can actually do." He uttered. I was confused, and took a short look at Peter, who sat across from me. He looked just as confused as me, so I turned back to Clint.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked, but someone didn't hesitate to answer.

"He wants to fight you." Loki said casually, from the couch both him, Thor and Natasha were sitting in.

"You're kidding right?" I exclaimed, confused. Clint turned to Bucky, with raised eyebrows. He then got up, and signaled for me to get up too.

"I'm not fighting you." I said, leaning further back in my seat. Loki then got up, and everyone turned their attention to him.

"Then fight me." He said, walking out of the couch area. He stopped in front of Clint. Clint gave in and sat back down. Loki looked back down at me.

"I'm not fighting any of you." I said standing my ground.

"Come on, just fight the guy," Bruce started. They all agreed a little, and started talking me into it. Finally I couldn't take it anymore.

"FINE! But I don't want to do anything... Wild." I said. I was still wearing my dress, so it would be tricky to take down Loki, in an intense fight.

"Alright just let Loki try to take this pen from you then." Thor said, and picked up a pen from the table. He then held it out in front of me. I grabbed the pen from Thor's hand, and thought a little about it.

"Sounds fair." I said, and tightened my grip on the pen. I placed myself circa three feet in front of Loki. He loosened up and looked at the pen in my hand, with a kind of 'this is ridiculous' face.

"Come on, that's way too eas-" He said while reaching out for the pen, in my right hand.

"Uhh!" It sounded from a lot of the avengers looking. Loki was holding his hands on his nose, which I had hit. I gave Loki an arrogant little smile, but he then removed his hands from his nose, and tried attacking me further. He got a hold of my arm, and the pen dropped out of my hand. He looked down at my arm, and noticed my tattoo.

Before he could say anything, I ducked around and under his arm, avoiding the knife in his hand heading for me. I then punched him, directly in the face. He was so disoriented by the punch that I had the opportunity to trip him and hold him against the wall. Let's just say I was not about to let that opportunity go to waste.

"Had enough?" I asked almost out of breath, with my leg on his chest, and him against the wall

"Had enough?" I asked almost out of breath, with my leg on his chest, and him against the wall. He looked up at me and chuckled.

"That tattoo looks nice on you. Great to know Captain America's not the only one here who was just an experiment." He whispered. My face lost all expression, and I couldn't think straight. How did he know? Before I knew it, he had pushed me off of him. I landed on my stomach, facing away from him. I was furious now. I slammed my fist angrily down on the floor and turned. He was in the middle of getting up, when I kicked him hard in the stomach making him fall backwards down again. I swung my leg over him, now sitting on his chest and raising my hand, ready to give him a painful throat punch.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Tony yelled. I turned my head to see the avengers, all looking at us. I got up from Loki, and looked down at him for a few seconds before offering him my hand. I could tell he was still pissed at me, but he still took my hand and I helped him up.

"Come on Tony, it was just a friendly little fight." I said walking to the couch, and sitting down next to Peter again. Loki sat down next to Thor. He took a napkin, and wiped away the blood running from his nose. Everyone looked at Loki, and then at me.

"Okay it might have gone a little over the line, but let's focus on what's important here... I totally won." I said chuckling. They all started laughing. Even Loki chuckled a little to himself.

"I could have won if I wanted to." Loki commented, now with a beer in his hand and the napkin in the other.

"Then why didn't you?" I asked, and everyone looked at him, still with warm smiles on their faces from laughing. He leaned forward, and placed his beer back on the table, and then leaned back in his seat again. He crossed his arms, and had that little smug smile on his face.

"I don't think you could've handled it." He said. I was just about to respond, when I heard Tony chuckling. Everyone looked at him in confusion, even I did.

"If she couldn't handle it, she wouldn't even be here. In 24 hours she had lost both her parents, been in a fight to death, crashed a car, and still managed to have me laying down with her foot on my neck within two seconds of meeting her. So believe me. She could've handled it" Tony explained, and took a sip from his drink. There was silence for a second.

"Wow... I had no idea that's how you got here." Bruce said. I looked down. They were all looking at me, making me anxious...

"Yeah... That's pretty much what happened..." I said, chuckling a little, while looking at Tony. To be honest I was glad Tony had said it. Now it was out, how I got here, and I didn't have to explain it about a million times.

The night continued, and we all had some good laughs. One after one, people said goodnight, and left. At last, it was just me and Peter. We talked for a good half hour, before we both got up. I put my hand on his cheek. I brushed my lips over his in a heated moment tasting him for the second time that night. I then looked into his beautiful brown eyes...

"Do you wanna sleep in my room tonight?" I asked hesitantly. I know a week isn't much, but I felt like I could trust him enough. He smiled, and kissed my forehead slowly. He then looked passionately at me.

"I'd love to."