Chapter 18

"You're okay I'm here." I heard a faint voice say, as I opened my eyes. The world was blurry, so I squinted my eyes, to see who was talking to me. My breathing became rapid, with the air escaping from my lungs. I couldn't believe it. It was my dad. I was frightened and crawling further and further backwards on the hospital bed.

"Please don't..." I whispered out, as he moved closer and closer.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" I screamed, from the bottom of my lungs sitting up in the bed, but not the same bed.

"Wow wow calm down, it's okay." Tony said, as he sat down on the bed, and held up my face. I struggled against him, until I realized he wasn't my dad. It was all a dream. My mouth was open from the shock, and as soon as the tears started burning their way out of my eyes, I pulled Tony in, hugging him.

"What happened?" I asked, while pulling away shaking. I wiped the last tears from my eyes, and looked up, to see Steve, Loki and Natasha, standing by the other side of the bed.

"You tell me. Why were you in that alley?" Tony asked, making me confused. I looked at the others hoping to get answers, but I quickly gave up, since they all looked at me just like Tony did. I didn't say anything, as I was trying to remember.

"Oh for god's sake." Natasha said, as she walked closer, and then swung her backhand right across my face.

"Natasha what the fuck!" Tony yelled, as the others gasped. My cheek buzzed, and my jaw dropped. I put my hand to my face, and looked back at her.

"How the fuck is hitting me, gonna help me remember!" I yelled at her, but right as my sentence had finished it came back. Everything came back.

"Sorry... it usually wor-" She started.

"Shut up." I said, looking at Tony, holding my hand out in front of her, to make her stop talking. I had to focus to recall everything...

"So... Do you remember?" Steve asked, right as I had recalled everything. I nodded, looking down at my fingers fiddling in-between each other.

"So who was that guy Audrey?" Tony asked. A tear rolled down my cheek, and landed on my bed sheets.

"He was an employee of the people, who are leading the T.R.R.E." I explained.

"The T.R... What?" Natasha asked.

"The T.R.R.E... Short for The Robot Raising Experiment." I said, sighing. They all looked confused with my answer.

"Wait. Is that the experiment you were part of?" Tony then asked. I cleared my throat, and looked down.

"Yeah... The man told me that they knew where I was, and were coming to get me sooner or later... The experiment was supposed to last until we're twenty-five, and then we would all be gathered, and then used for a special army, but when both my parents died and I came here, I wanted to just forget about them, and for them to forget about me. I guess it wasn't that easy after all." After I had explained, no one said a single word...

"Will somebody please just say something, it's not like I had a choice!" I exclaimed, when my patience had run out.

"So these people know that you're here, and they're after you?" Loki asked. They all looked at him.

"Since when do you care, and why are you even here? She literally was this close to killing you last week." Natasha said, and held her fingers close together to demonstrate.

"There's not much to do around here okay." Loki answered, slightly annoyed.

They all focused their attention back on me

They all focused their attention back on me. "How long have I even been passed out for?" I asked, and looked at the clock.

"Only two hours." Steve answered. I put my hands on my face, and threw myself back down on the bed. I had so many questions, I wanted to be answered. What did Tony do with the guy? What are we gonna do? Am I going to get killed? I could have gone on for ages.

"Here's what we're going to do. You get some rest, 'cause your head was damaged really badly. Me and Natasha are going to the lab, to find out who the guy was. Friday you scanned the guy right?" Tony asked out to the room.

"I scan everyone you meet Tony." She answered faithfully.

"Wow, is she everywhere?" Steve asked, kind of surprised by her sudden voice in the room.

"Oh she is everywhere." Tony answered, messing with Steve.

"Let's just go, so the poor girl can get some sleep." Natasha said, making them all walk out of the room. Right before Tony closed the door to my room, he turned around.

"We'll find these people okay? You don't have to worry." He said, and gave me a reassuring smile, right before gently closing the door behind him. I turned on the bed and got comfortable, and then closed my eyes slowly drifting off.

I woke up by my door handle jiggling. I looked at my phone. 03.41. Who the fuck is outside my door this late! I got up from the bed, quite irritated, and opened the door, to see who else but Peter Parker. Drunk. Laying in the hallway smiling.

"Heyy!" He said loudly when he saw me, making me instantly shush him. I helped him up, with an annoyed smile on my face the whole time. I put his arm around my shoulder, and easily pulled him up. I closed the door behind us, and sat him down on the bed. I began trying to take off his clothes, which smelled like alcohol, but he kept smacking my hand away.

"Stop it!" He said every time he smacked my hand.

"Peter!" I yelled, when he smacked my hand so hard, it was already red when I looked at it. He got up from the bed, and laid down on the floor. I sat down on the bed, and sighed while looking at him.

"Peter just come to bed please." I groaned, just wanting to sleep without having to inhale the smell of vodka.

"I'm sorry. You seem very sweet, but I have a girlfriend... I'll just sleep down here." He said firmly. Now it made sense and I almost melted from his sweetness. I got up from the bed and crouched down, where he was laying.

"Honey... I am your girlfriend." I said. He turned his head to look at me, and then smiled wider than I had ever seen him smile before.

"OHH! I thought you looked familiar!" He said excited, as he got up, and started undressing. When he was down to his underwear, I lifted up the cover, and he plopped down right beside me, and wrapped his arms around me. He pecked my nose and then kissed me passionately. He then dug his head into my chest. We both soon fell asleep.