Chapter 6

"Good morning Audrey. I have a message from Tony Stark. Would you like me to read it to you?" a familiar voice woke me up.

What the hell!

"Friday?!" I jumped up, from my warm pillow, with my eyes not even open yet.

"Yes." Friday answered. I let myself fall down back onto the comfortable mattress. I put my hands over my face, annoyed. I started to drift off a little again, totally forgetting about Friday. "Would you like me to read the message from Tony Stark?" She repeated.

"YES! Sorry Friday, I'm not a morning person." I shot up from the bed, and started heading for the bathroom.

"Apology accepted. Reading message. "Meet me in my lab at 08.45." End of message. Do you need anything else?" Friday asked.

"Yeah uh what time is it?" I asked.

"It is currently 08.40" She answered. SHIT. I put on the nearest clothes I could find, put my hair in a low ponytail, and went out the door. I had no idea where the lab was though.

"Friday, is there any chance you're here right now?" I asked, hoping for her to answer.

"Follow the arrows I have created on the floor, to get to the lab" She answered. I looked down to see the arrows, and quickly followed their direction.

"Thanks Friday. You're a lifesaver." I answered still following the arrows.

After following them for a while, I finally got to the lab as Tony called it. "You're late." I heard from Tony sitting in his chair, looking at his computer screen. He wrote something, closed the computer and turned in his chair. "Come sit." He said, and patted on the chair next to his. I walked over, and sat down.

"So Friday told me that you have an unusual amount of strengths. What would you say your biggest one is?" He asked. My biggest strength? I had no idea. I knew I had a lot, but I had no idea what my biggest one was.

"I don't know." I answered. Tony pushed back on the chair, and rolled over to another big computer.

"Well let's find out then." He said, and started typing on the keyboard. He then took out some small things and waved me over, with them in hand. I walked over, and he put them on my temples. He then looked back at the screen and raised his eyebrows. "Huh." Tony said surprised, while leaning back in his chair and biting his thumbnail.

"What? Is something wrong?" I asked worriedly. He kept looking at the screen.

"No I just... Should have figured it out." He said, and glanced up at me. I turned around, finally seeing what my biggest strength was.

"Throwing knives?" I said, very confused. I mean sure it was a big strength of mine, but I did in no way expect it to be my biggest. I looked at Tony, who was now looking at me.

"That might actually work... You can go now," He said while nodding a little, still looking at the screen.

"But I literally just got here." I said.

"I should have known it was knives, from the whole Thor incident... Look, I'm gonna start making your suit, weapons and all that stuff." He said, and walked over to a whole other table, and started sketching out.

"Don't you need my measurements for that?" I asked.

"Right. Friday, scan Audrey, and find out her body measurements." he said, not looking away from where he was sketching. A green laser light scanned up and down my body, and then disappeared.

"Scan complete." Friday said.

"I guess I'll go then." I said, and headed for the door. Tony didn't answer. He was already too caught up in his designing.

- 18.00 -

"Alright, will everyone please shut up?" Tony asked and the room went silent.

"What is this even about?.. And who is she?" A black haired man said arrogantly like I wasn't there. He hadn't even looked at me. What a jerk. 

"Loki don't-" Tony started.

"I'm Audrey." I interrupted.

"And you must be Loki. Heard you tried to kill your whole family and their people. But I guess you were just as good at that, as talking directly to my face." I said, giving him an arrogant smile leaning back in my chair, satisfied with how I handled the situation.

"Alright you listen to me you little-" Loki snapped, and leaned over the table with one hand on the table and the other pointed at my face.

"Stop." Tony interrupted, making him slowly sit back down in his chair, still looking furious at me. I had hit right on his soft spot.

"Moving on... I gathered you all here, because I have some news. I'm hosting a charity event tomorrow night. Pepper thinks it'll make me 'look better', whatever that means. Anyway it's a black tie event, so you all better bring your a-game." Tony said. We all nodded a little.

"Was that all?" Natalie asked.

"Oh right I almost forgot. And Audrey is gonna be part of our team." Tony said, and pointed at me. They all looked back at me.

"Her?" Loki said with a disgusted face. Thor then gave his arm a little poke with his elbow.

"Shut up Loki. She almost killed me the first time I spoke to her." He loudly whispered to Loki. I smiled a little down at the table.

"I like her, and you totally had it coming, Thor. Plus I think if she had wanted to kill you, the knife wouldn't just have been one inch above your head." Natasha said and looked at me with a little smile on her lips. She was right. If I had wanted the knife to hit him right in the forehead it would've. But I didn't. I only wanted to teach him a lesson.

"Yeah I like her too." Sam said.

"Me too." Peter said. Steve and Bucky nodded a little too, agreeing.

"Glad we got that straight, and Loki, you're just going to have to get used to having her here. You're dismissed." Tony said, and opened the door for us. We all slowly got up, and started walking out.

"You're dismissed. What are we, in high School?" Bucky mocked. Both him and Steve chuckled a little, before looking at Tonys mad face, and shutting up. I smiled a little to myself. When we were all out of the room, Natasha came up beside me.

"Welcome to the team." She said and gave me a smile.

"Thanks." I said and smiled back. She then stopped at a door, unlocked it and walked in. I just kept walking to my room.

-

Just to get this straight. There is no specific timeline, and we are just ignoring Tony and all the other avengers deaths, 'cause I can't handle that again lol.