Chapter 24

My head was throbbing... A faint light through my half opened eyes was all I could focus on. I let my head fall down, even though I was sitting up. I wasn't holding myself up so I was definitely tied to whatever I was sitting on. My mind started waking up, and I slowly opened my eyes. I looked around still exhausted, from whatever they had given me. It was a medium sized room, and I was sitting right in the middle. Bound to a chair. How cliché. There was a light right above me, that lighted me up. Another chair was in the room sitting in the corner, but no one but me was there. I sat, just thinking for hours and hours, before someone finally walked in. It was of course the same man who was the reason I could taste blood in my mouth. He closed the door behind him, and looked right at me as he turned.

"I want to talk... Do you want to talk?" He asked as he grabbed the chair, placed it backwards right in front of me and sat down, with both arms leaned on the backrest. I just stared at him without answering. He sighed.

"I need to know how you... 'Beat' Your dad." He said, gesturing the bunny ears on the word "beat". I still didn't answer, but what kind of sick thing to ask. Why did he even need to know that? He just looked at me, as no words were coming out of my mouth. I could see the anger in his face grow, and then he snapped. He got up and threw the chair into the wall, and before the chair had even landed back on the floor, he was right in my face again, now having a tight grip in my hair. He pulled my head back a little with no mercy.

"I don't have time for this bullshit, so you better open your goddamn mouth, or I swear you're gonna regret it!" He sharply spitted out. I had had enough, and I was sick of the stinging pain from his grip. I pulled my head back as far as I could, and rammed my forehead right into his nose.

 I pulled my head back as far as I could, and rammed my forehead right into his nose

"YOU BITCH!" He screamed, as he held both of his hands on his nose. He had yelled loud enough to make two guard looking men run in, but they didn't get very far.

"GET ME A PAPER TOWEL AND GET THE FUCK OUT YOU PRICKS!" He turned, and screamed right in their faces. They immediately left the room, and came back five seconds later, with a whole roll of paper towels. He grabbed it angrily out of the man holding the roll's hands, and they exited the room. He ripped a piece off, dried some of the blood running from his nose, curled it up and threw it on the floor.

"Why is it so important how I killed my dad?" I asked, genuinely wanting to know. He gazed at me and picked up the chair that was laying beside me. He then sat down on it, like he had done earlier.

"Your dad was my first soldier. I didn't want him to be, but he promised to volunteer for you, even though you weren't born. So I accepted it, and trained him just like your dad did to you... He was unbeatable, and by far my best soldier... I looked at your stats, and they weren't even close to being on his level." He stopped for a second, probably hoping for me to come with an answer, but I was still processing the information he had just given me.

"Tell me how were you able to beat him when the papers said you couldn't!? We saw the videotape where you did it, and you had finished him off after only a minute!" He nearly yelled, as he had run out of patience.

"Then my stats don't add up! I've never met someone I couldn't have beaten in a fight okay!" I answered in frustration. He looked down and sighed.

"You were raised and trained exactly like fifty others, and none of you were trained to be as good as him. You were only trained to be in extraordinary shape, and when we needed you to be, you were basically programmed killing machines."

"Oh I'm so honored." I said sarcastically, and rolled my eyes. He got up and chuckled a little. Out of nowhere his fist with the giant ring, rammed into my jaw. I had taken it, but it had been so hard I was now looking down to the side. My hair was covering my face, and another cut from the ring had been made, but I knew it was way deeper this time, because as soon as he had hit me I felt and tasted the blood running. My head was leaned away so the gravity made the bloodstream by my mouth that unfortunately had been open for the first second after the hit.

"That arrogance is not tolerated here. Understand?" He said and moved my head up. I was forced to look at him. He gazed down at my lips, and without hurry ran a finger over them. He pulled his finger back, and looked at the blood on it, that he had wiped off my lips. He slowly, while staring at me, licked it off. Disgusting rat. Was the only thing I could think of.

"Sooner or later... I'll get the truth out of you." He said calmly as he got up and walked out. What is the truth? I had nothing to hide, that he didn't know of. The stinging pain didn't stop me from thinking. Except maybe... Those nights. There had been a few nights every month, where my dad had woken me up, and trained me in the middle of the night. I was sure it was just to challenge me, by tiring me out for the next day. Now that I think of it, the things he taught me those nights were... Different. They were more about self defense, and how to get what you want from another person. Doing moves like the one I made on Loki, where he had no chance against me, and I nearly killed him... And Tony... When I first met him and had him lying down in front of me, after maybe five minutes. He had taught me everything these people didn't want me to learn, without them noticing. He told me to learn how to throw knives, because I needed a hobby. Kickboxing and boxing was our warm up.

"Holy shit..." I whispered under my breath. How have I never figured out what he had been trying to tell me all along? Even though he that might be true, he was still a drunk who beat my mom and me, but he had still prepared me. For... What? For what? Why had he done that? I'll never find out.

-

Thank you so much for voting, and just reading. It means more to me than you can imagine.