Chapter 3

It felt like the warmth from his hand spread all the way through my whole body. It seemed a little familiar. Mom. It felt the same as when my mom had held my hand. All the memories suddenly came rushing through my mind. I remembered the long beep tone, when her heart stopped beating at the hospital. I had to stop thinking about it, but it was hard when Peter's soft hand was in mine.

"Peter I-" I was interrupted when he leaned in, and kissed me on the lips. I was surprised so I quickly leaned back, leaving his face full of regret in front of me. He was immediately embarrassed. Why did I do that? I thought to myself. He wasn't holding my hand anymore now, and I already missed it.

"I- I'm so sorry-" He started, but I quickly pulled him in by the shirt, and kissed him, like he had just done to me. But this time no one pulled back. His hand was on my lower back pressing me towards him, with his other on my hip. Mine was on his cheeks, slowly moving back to his hair.

When the kiss was over we were both smiling like crazy. Peter was about to say something when we heard a car pull up beside us, and then shortly after, a honk came from the car. Typical. It was Happy. Peter opened the door for me, and then ran to the other side of the car and got in. It was still raining, but luckily not as much as before.

"I see you had a fun time" Happy said and smiled at us in the rearview mirror. Peter and I looked panicked at each other. Fuck did he see us kissing?

"Uh... What do you mean?" Peter asked awkwardly. Happy looked up in the mirror for a second with a confused look.

"The bags?" he said, confused. Thank god.

"Oh yeah. I got what I needed, and then I helped Peter pick out some sweatshirts." I said leaning back in my seat relieved.

- later that night -

I closed my bedroom door and was greeted with complete silence. I was Happy about what happened with Peter, but I couldn't stop thinking about my mom. I turned around and slid down the door, sitting at last.

I suddenly, without warning, started crying, with absolutely zero control over it. I hadn't mourned over her death yet. It only happened two days ago, and I missed her more than anything. I couldn't get that face out of my head. Those eyes looking at me filled with fear, and tears in them. I had driven as fast as I could, and I still couldn't save her.

- Flashback -

I was looking straight ahead, trying to keep my hands steady, even though they were both shaking uncontrollably. I wiped a tear that escaped my eye, and glanced at my mom. She was conscious.

"Mom! Mom listen to me, you need to keep your eyes open! Please can you do that for me!" I yelled ,while holding up her face, as I kept my other hand on the wheel. I was desperate to keep her alive. I glimpsed back at the road and then back at her. I was still holding her face and one last tear fell out of her eye and rolled down her cheek. "Mom please..." I sobbed out...

She closed her eyes, and I moved my hand from her cheek back on the wheel, to drive as fast as I could. When we finally reached the hospital, she still had a heartbeat, but the doctors said it didn't look good. I was running next to the bed she was being transported through the hospital halls on, until she was brought into a hospital room. I was stopped by a nurse, and was told to wait outside.

I was pacing back and forth, waiting impatiently, until I heard the last sound I wanted to hear. I ran for the room but the nurses held me back before I could get to her.

"MOM!" I screamed as loud as I could, with tears streaming down my face. I was still trying hard to get to her, but I couldn't move out of the nurse's grip.

I fell to the ground sobbing, and screaming in pain. They didn't even let me see her, and I had nowhere to go...

-

"Uhh you okay in there?" Someone outside the door awkwardly asked. I tried to wipe my tears as fast as I could, and opened the door slowly to see Tony standing there. As soon as we got eye contact, my eyes started to burn again. Apparently I hadn't wiped my tears very well, 'cause he immediately looked worried.

"Whoa- What's going on?" He asked, and put his sleeve over his hand, to wipe the tear that was now falling down my cheek. I looked down. Tony lifted my head up again, forcing me to make eye contact with him.

"You can tell me," he let me know in a calm voice, wiping yet another tear.