Chapter 23: Another short-ass chapter

Dipper's Pov

The drive back was deathly quiet.

After explaining to everyone what had happened, Ford was dead-set on destroying Bill, permanently. Stan lifted Wirt into the car and rested him in the back seat. Mabel, Stan, and Ford all entered the car while I stood back, trying to wrap my head around what just happened. It was only a few minutes, but it felt like a blur. A scary, tearful, painful blur. A small hand brushed against mine and I looked down at Greg who was standing next to me, fear and confusion reflected in his eyes.

"D-Dipper, what happened? Why w-won't Wirt wake up?" 

I sighed and lifted Greg up into my arms, not bothering to lie to the boy. "Greg, Wirt did something amazing. H-He saved my life tonight-" "Like a pilgrim!" I gulped but smiled a little and nodded my head. "Y-Yeah, like a pilgrim. But, in order to save me, Wirt sacrificed himself. He got really hurt and now he's... he's asleep." "But he'll wake up right?" Greg asked, hope starting to slowly dwindle from his eyes. I hesitated then held Greg's cheek, gently brushing back a few strands of his hair. "We're working on that. But I promise you Greg, I'll do whatever it takes to wake him up, okay?" Greg nodded and held onto me, yawning a little. "He's gonna be okay?" ". . . yeah, he'll be okay."

Greg was still asleep in my arms by the time we arrived at the shack. Ford was about to take Wirt down to his lab when I quickly stopped him. "W-What are you going to do to him?" Ford paused then sighed. "Dipper, I've never seen anything like this. I think our safest option is to just keep him in the lab till I come up with somethi-" "Let me help you." Ford blinked, and I expected him to reject my offer, but instead, he gave me a small smile and nodded. "Okay. But not tonight." With that Ford descended downstairs, taking Wirt with him.

"Dipper?" Mabel tugged a little on my sweater and I looked over at her and realized what she wanted to ask. "I'm coming upstairs now." "Y-You don't have to. You can go downstairs and see him. I can take Greg."

I considered her offer but instead and smiled and held Greg closer to me. "No, i-it's okay. Besides I'm pretty tired and I'm sure you are too." Mabel looked surprised but then she smiled and nodded in agreement. "Y-Yeah, I am." We both walked up the stairs to the attic and Mabel went over to lay in her bed. I placed Greg in mine then took off my jacket and shoes and lied down next to him. A few branches started whacking at the window and Greg tensed and whimpered. I pulled him into my arms and he relaxed a little and drifted off to sleep.

I watched him with a small smile as warm tears rolled down my cheeks. Thinking about the promise I made him, I gently cuddled the small boy, making him smile a little, and closed my eyes, slowly falling asleep.

I promise Wirt, I'll keep him safe, and I'll save you. 

Ẅ̸̢̡̡͚͖̼́̾̈́͌̅̂́̽̅͘į̶̹̱̩̩̭̣͚̈́͑̌ŗ̶̡͕̹͚̲̩͍͕͔̤̭͎͍̍̋͋̐̋̽̀́̏̀̆͛̌̆̕͜t̶̫̳͐̿́̓̅ͅ'̴̖͚͉͔̊̋̊̌̀͌͊̿͌͒̓͘̕͘ş̶̲̖͍̘̟͙̙̋̾̂́̂̚͝ ̶̺̋͘P̵̧̨̦̜͙̲͖͎̻̝̩͙̳̂̈́̃͗̇̌͗̿̑̕͘͠͝͝ö̷̧̤̯̺͎̭̟̹̐́̎̓̅̋̕v̶̡̟̻̣̟͚̠͚͔̑͋̈́̃̀̃̐̚̚͜͝͝͝

̶̜̳̝͈̾͋̈́̀̋̌S̵̡̢̛̮̟̝̣̭̪͍͑̊͆͛͋̚͜͠o̴̧̥̜̼̜̮̗̞͚͑̀̇̔͆̏͛̑̏̈́̀͝ ̴̨͙̲̗̫̣̞̍̓͆̑̈́c̸͕̭̙̙̰̱̩̱̻̲̝̃̀͆̒̊̍͆̓̂͒̈́o̷̡̧̳̩̯̟̻͍͎͛̐̈́̒̄̚͜͜l̴̢͉̫̻̯̩̖͚̞͇̟̞̣̅͌̂̇̓͛̒̓̅́̓̿̍̎͝d̷̢̢͖͖̭̜̠͈̽̊͗̈͆͆̆̅͘͘͜͜͝ͅ,̶̫͓͕̑̋̑̂̎́͌́̃̊̀̕̚ ̵̡̫̭̱̝̹̜͉̣͆̉͐̑͆̒͛͌͗͜͠t̵̢̫̥͕͔͒̇́̇r̶̪̱̳͙̼̺͈̰̳̖̽̈́e̶̢͙̲͍̮̹̳͎̎̔́̾͌̋͠ę̷̻̻̘͉̻̮̒͂̓͗̾̀́̾̽s̸̡̡̧̞̭̰̰̩͎͈̲͂͋ͅͅͅ ̶̨͇̪̫͕͇͍̞͔͂͌̃̀̌̈́͝ͅe̸̢̺͚͝v̷̨̢͔͇͉̫̻̫̲̔͐̏e̶͕͚͖͕̳͕̬͕̋́r̷̯̈́͒̎͠͠ÿ̵̢͉͉̜͔̠̯́̔̊̎̇͑̑̏̀̓͘͠w̵̨̥̰̔̍̌̉́͗̓̎̒̚͘h̸͔͙̦̯̓̑e̷̠̣̬̠͌̒͐͛̎̌̇r̸̡̡͍̣͙̤͓͙̣̣͓̜̲͙̃̽̂̀̒̾͂̈̈́̈́͑̌͜͠͝e̶͖͉̫͎̲̋̅̏̀̐̽͋́͜͝.̸̢̛͚͔͚̮̹̣̥̞̈́́͆̆̉́̉̎̍̄̕͘͘͝ ̶̢̣͚̩̌̔̀̎̍̒̒̊ͅW̷̨̮̤̐͒̈̎̔̚͝͝h̷͎͑͑̚-̷͍̗̺͉͚͑́̓̄͌̿̉̒͌W̸̢̡̫͓̳̲̊͋͘ͅh̸̙̮̦̳̠͓̳͍̮̿̆͌͑͑̋͂̚͘͘͝͝ė̸̲̜̞͙̬̞̥̘́͂́̍̉̀̐͗̔͒̾͋r̶͕̥͇̱͔͉̘̖͗̐̒̉̀̆̈͂̑̓̋̓ͅẻ̴͕̦͕̗̱̦̼̣̗̊̄̋̐̕̚̕ ̶̦̪̱̽͆̐̽͌̊̍̽̽̀̊͝á̶̳̻̝̟̇̏̿̀̎̔͑̿͗̚͜m̴̡̢̧̧̛̯̻̦̱̈́̄̈́̊̋͊̈́̅͋̃͘ ̶̡̘̣̲͎̙̰͈͉͔̙͔̣̾̉̚͜͝Ĭ̷̧̖̠̥̿̍̓̃̅̓̀̑͊̕̕͠?̴̧̡̛̛͓̭̫̰̳̳͓̠̩̖̪̥̜̊͋̎̓̈́̾̑͗͛̑̄̕͝

Yeah, today's chapter wasn't very long, but it was in the title so you should have expected it. So, yeah um. . .  

*Insert profound insight on chapter here*

Okay, I have no clue what to say so I hope you enjoyed and I will see you next Wednesday! (Why is Wednesday spelled like that? Shouldn't it be Wensday?)