Chapter 3: And on Your Right, a Gnome Stealing From a Trash Can

Wirt's Pov

"Wirt. Wirt. Wirt! WIRT! WIRT WAKE UP!" I groaned and opened my eyes to see Greg jumping up and down on the bed we share. "Ugh, Greg what time is it?" He looked over at the wall clock and then turned back to me. " Well the big hand is pointing at the 6 and the small hand is on the 7 so..." "So you woke me up at 7:30 in the morning."(I kind of forgot how clocks work so correct me if I am wrong) Greg smiled, nodded his head, and jumped off the bed. "Yup now let's go sleepy head!" I sighed and buried my head in the pillow. "I'm not going anywhere except back to sleep." Greg started tugging on my shirt, "Did you already forget we're supposed to be going to meet up with Mabel today." My eyes widened and I immediately got out of bed and started getting ready.

In all honesty, I didn't care much about the tour. It sounded pretty fun, but I wasn't completely into the idea of following a random person around town. However, there was something I was pretty happy about. I pulled on a dark blue sweater over my white button-up shirt while thinking about the boy from yesterday. Going back to the Mystery Shack meant that there was a chance to see him again. Not that it was my only reason for going back, it would just be cool to see him again. "Hey Greg, where is mom?" I asked my brother. "She and dad went to have coffee with some of the locals. I already told them about the tour, and dad said we have to be back by 5:00." I nodded and we put our shoes on and left the motel.

                                                                     ~~5 minute Time Skip~~

"Greg, why is Jason Funderburker on your head?" Greg reached up and petted the frog on his head, "he likes it up there." I raised my eyebrow and pointed out to Greg that keeping a frog on his head would mess up his hair, but he just ignored me. We continued walking through town till we reached the Mystery Shack. We walked in and Greg ran over to the counter where Mabel was handing out bumper stickers to a tourist. She quickly finished helping the customer and then turned to us and smiled. "Well hey, you two. You came right on time, my break just started." She stepped out from behind the counter and I immediately noticed how bright her outfit was. She was wearing a large yellow sweater with a smiley face on it, a purple skirt covered in sequins, and black glittery tights.

"Aww, Greg is that your frog? Greg nods and takes Jason Funderburker off his head. The frog ribbits and hops into Mabel's hands. "Well, aren't you a cute little frog. I'm sure Waddles would love to meet you!" Mabel hands Greg the frog back and Greg puts him back on his head. Mabel looked over to the 'Employees Only' door and sighed. "DIPPER HURRY UP!" We heard footsteps and a boy ran into the room. Wait, it was the boy from yesterday. He was wearing a greyish-green t-shirt, a red flannel jacket, gray jeans, and a blue and white pinetree hat. "Sorry about the wait, Dipper just looovvves taking his time." 

Mabel's eyes widened and she gasped out of nowhere, "I completely forgot to introduce you three. Dipper, this is Wirt and Greg. Wirt and Greg, this is my younger brother Dipper." Dipper smiled and held out his hand, "it's nice to meet you two. Also, me and Mabel are twins." I shook his hand, slightly blushing. "Hiya, it's nice to meet you Dipper. I'm happy to see you're no longer a wolf boy. Did you find a cure?" Dipper blushed and laughed nervously, rubbing the back of his neck, "right, forgot you guys saw me in that costume. How embarrassing." Mabel giggled and patted her brother on the back. "Don't worry bro-bro, we can talk more about your embarrassing moments on the tour. NOW ONWARDS!" Mabel and Greg ran out of the Mystery Shack, leaving me and Dipper running after them.

Dipper's Pov

We made our way to the center of town, Mabel and Greg in the front with me and Wirt in the back. Mabel mainly led the tour with me occasionally adding in bits of commentary. "And over there is Greasy's Diner, famous for their amazing pancakes." We walked into the diner and sat down at our regular booth. Pacifica came over to our table and Mabel smiled. "Hiya Paz!" "Hey Mabel, I'm guessing you and Dipper are having the usual?" We both nodded and Pacifica turned to Wirt and Greg and took their orders. "WAFFLES!!" "Um, I'll have an earl gray tea please." Pacifica left to get our food, so we sat and waited.