Chapter 7: Dream Analysis

Wirt's Pov

I woke up to find Mabel and Greg sitting on the floor watching tv. They both gave me a 'good morning' and I smiled and said good morning back. My stomach grumbled and Mabel giggled. "You sound hungry Wirt. You should go to the kitchen, Dipper's making breakfast." I followed her advice and went to the kitchen, the smell of bacon and scrambled eggs causing my stomach to grumble again. Dipper turned to me and smirked, putting his hands on his hips. "So you're the little thief that stole my hat!" I realized that I still had Dipper's hat in my hands and blushed. "Oh wow, I um didn't r-really. I'm so sorry um, here you go." I handed Dipper his hat back and he put it on his head. "Thanks man. I'm just happy some gnomes didn't take it."

I sat down and looked out at the storm. It looked even worse than last night. My phone buzzed and I saw that my mom had texted me. Storm has gotten worse, so roads are still blocked off. Stay where you are and stay safe. I texted back and then put the phone back in my pocket. I looked over at Dipper, who was still cooking and smiled. Being stuck didn't seem so bad all of a sudden. Besides, there was still something I needed to figure out, like who Bill Cipher was and what he knew about the Beast. There has to be a reason he talked to me, but what is it? What could he want? I tapped my finger on my knee and thought. Bill said that if I didn't act fast, bad things would happen, but what? If only I knew more about him.

"Hey, you okay Wirt? You look like you've got a lot on your mind." I looked up at Dipper and sighed. "If I tell you, you'd probably think I'm crazy." He laughed and put a plate of eggs and bacon in front of me. "Please, I see magical creatures daily, nothing sounds crazy to me anymore." Well I guess he's right, plus Dipper could know about Bill, so I told him. "Okay, so last night I had this weird dream. I was in this white void and there was a demon called Bill Cipher." Dipper spat out his drink and started coughing. I rushed over to see if he was ok, but he waved me away. "I-I'm sorry but did you say Bill Cipher?" I nodded and he scowled, it was strange seeing him this mad.

"How do you know that name?" he asked. I told him about the dream (leaving out the bits where Bill teased me about my crush) and the note he left me. He quickly took my hand and dragged me out into the gift shop. "Um, Dipper why are we out here?" He didn't answer and instead pressed random letters and numbers on the vending machine. There was a quick beeping noise and the vending machine opened to reveal a secret passage. Before I knew it, Dipper and I were heading down the stairs into a part of the shack I had never seen before. "Dipper what is this place?" "My great-uncle's lab," he casually responded. We went deeper in until we stopped in front of an elevator. He pressed a button marked 2, and we stepped inside. When the elevator door opened, we were in some sort of secret study room. Books and paper littered the floor, and there were strange devices everywhere. 

"Great-uncle Ford!" Dipper called out. A man that looked almost the same as Mr. Pines walked into the room. He looked over at me then back at Dipper and raised an eyebrow. "Is something wrong Dipper?" "Bill's back." The man's eyes widened and he gasped. "Impossible! We destroyed him!" Dipper's uncle grabbed a book off the shelf and skimmed through the pages. "This makes no sense. Once you banish a demon from existence, it can't come back!" "Um hi, yeah who exactly is Bill Cipher?" Dipper took the book from his uncle's hands and flipped to a page with Bill on it. He showed it to me and glared at the picture on the page. "Bill is a dream demon who thrives on making deals with people. He tricks people and possesses them, but we defeated him 3 years ago." I looked from Dipper to the picture on the page. This Bill Cipher was a triangle with one eye and a top hat, the Bill I saw however looked human. "Um, I don't think this is right." They both gave me a surprised look and Mr. Pines shot me a confused glare. "What do you mean 'this isn't right'?" I gulped and gave him the book back. "It's just, the Bill I saw was human." The two of them gasped and Mr. Pines shook his head.