Chapter 33: The End

I think it's pretty obvious that it's not Friday. Sorry about that. But this chapter is honestly one of the longest I had ever written and by the time I was finished, it was midnight. So now you get it early in the morning on a Saturday instead of really late at night on a Friday. Hope this finale makes up for that.

Dipper's Pov

Over the years I had to adapt to a lot of things. It was like each new chapter of my life presented a new challenge that I had to either get past or get used to. Hiding my birthmark from stupid jerks, sharing a room with an energetic twin and her pig, exploring the supernatural while also knowing that most people wouldn't believe what I've seen. All of that I had gotten used to. But I will never, in my entire life and afterlife, get used to the absurd and annoying ways Mabel will wake me up.

I was sleeping when a chill went up my spine and I jolted awake, soaked in water and covered in sparkles and glitter. "WAKE UP!" My twin screamed, throwing more glitter from her hands. I scowled and whacked her in the face with a pillow, absolutely pissed. "What was that!?" I shouted, squeezing my shirt in an attempt to dry it.

Mabel giggled and threw me a towel, looking ecstatic the entire time. "Dipper it's our 16th birthday! A special day requires a special wake-up call!" My eyes widened and I ran over to the calendar on Mabel's side of the room. Right at the bottom was a marking covered in glitter and macaroni art that said 'Sweet 16' in big letters. I completely forgot about our birthday! Then again I was kind of caught up with crushing on Wirt and defeating Bill to remember. But wow, we were 16 today.

I turned to Mabel and she laughed and tackled me in a hug. "16! Can you believe it!?" "No. Th-this is insane." Mabel got up and picked me up with her. "Come on! I'm not letting you start our big day in gross wet clothes." "Whose fault was that?" I said, though there was no real heat behind it. I went to the bathroom and got ready while Mabel stayed in our room, listing off all the things she was excited about now that we were 16.

We met at the top of the stairs and walked down only for confetti to be thrown at us. "Happy Birthday!" Mabel and I laughed and smiled at our friends and family who had gathered around. "Look look, we made you birthday pancakes!" Greg said, holding up a plate of pancakes covered in sprinkles and whip cream, with two candles coming out. "Aww, guys this is so sweet!" Literally, I thought to myself, looking over the amounts of sugar. We took our cake to the kitchen but before we could eat, Stan surprised us with a headlock hug.

"Look at you two! 16 and one year closer to learning how to commit tax fraud!" Me and my twin laughed and tackled our Grunkle to the floor, all three of us now laughing and wrestling each other. Ford came into the room and rolled his eyes but smiled, helping the three of us off the floor. "16 and already getting into trouble." Ford looked at me and smiled, ruffling my hair while I laughed. "Huh, you remind me of myself. So bright-eyed, full of a thirst for knowledge. You look like me too." "Please, they've got my talent! Ain't that right pumpkin!?" "Yay, crime!" My sister cheered, making all four of us laugh.

We finished breakfast and went back into the living room, meeting up with all of our friends. "Happy Birthday doods!" Soos said, giving us each a small box. We opened it and inside were wood carvings of our symbols: a shooting star for Mabel and a pine tree for me. "Soos, these are so pretty!" "Yeah man, this is awesome!" We hugged our favorite handyman, who hugged us back.

"Hey losers," Wendy chuckled, giving us each a noogie. I rolled my arms and pushed her off of me while Mabel giggled and did the same. "Now that you two are officially 16, I offer you this piece of wisdom. Learn to do sick tricks in a car! Oh, and don't do drugs or alcohol or whatever." (nice job Wendy) Mabel laughed and gave Wendy a salute and I joined in a little later, the red-heads 'advice' being basically useless. Pacifica came in and Mabel bombarded her with a hug. She looked annoyed but smiled and gently pushed Mabel off of her. "Happy birthday you two. Here's your present or whatever, be happy it took forever to wrap."