Chapter 5

Lauren POV

The week has been going at an agonizing slow pace. The weekend is so close, but I have to make it through today and softball practice. It's so close but so far away. I grab my school bag and head down the stairs where I meet my mom.

"What are your plans for the weekend?"

I walk with her into the kitchen so I can grab a bottle of water and something to eat on the road. "I'm going on a double date with Camila and two guys. Other than that I'm not sure why?"

"Your date is Camila or a guy?" My mom looks at me curiously.

My mother is aware that I have done things with girls. She didn't like it at first, but we talked. After taking time to understand everything she told me I am who I am. She actually went and found a quote that she always repeats. It goes like... Be you. The world will adjust. Since the first time she read it to me I have lived by it.

"No Camila isn't my date. She is going out with Dylan, the guy from the lacrosse team." My mom nods understanding who I am talking about. "She hasn't been on a date before so he suggested we go on a double date so I'm going with Tyler."

My mother puts her hand firmly on her hip. "He better not be picking you up on his motorcycle. I will not allow it!"

"But my leather jacket would be perfect to wear on the back of that." I state the truth knowing she wants to kill me at the moment. "Do you really think we would go on a double date on a motorcycle? Where would Dylan and Camila sit... our laps?"

She drops her hand and wraps her arm around me. "Sometimes I can't wait for your smart mouth to get out of this house, but other days I cry at night knowing my baby is going to be leaving."

"Please don't have a meltdown lady."

She pinches my arm for calling her lady. "Back to why I asked you... Your father and I will be gone tonight. Will you be here for your sister or do I need to get a babysitter which means she is going to throw the biggest fit which will ruin my whole day knowing she is angry at me."

I shake my head in a disapproving manner. "Is that your way of trying to make me feel guilty? Lucky for you the date isn't until tomorrow so I guess I can stay in and be around the squirt. I'm sure some of my friends might stop by."

"Okay, but make sure you are paying attention to your sister. I don't want you sending her to her room expecting her to spend the whole night up there." My mom points her finger at me. "I'm serious Lauren."

I walk out of the kitchen and to the front door. "Yeah I got it. I'll be sure to lock her in the closet for the night."

I walk out of the house with her on my trail. "Here is some money for food. You can order pizza and rent movies."

"I thought I said I was locking her in the closet?"

She glares at me and turns her attention to my vehicle where Camila is standing. "Smack her for me will you?"

"Really nice." I laugh as I walk over to my jeep and get in. Camila gets in and I give her a small clap. "Look at you being on time two days in a row! It almost makes me forget that you were ten minutes late on Wednesday."

*Smack*

"Ouch." I put my hand on my arm where Camila smacks.

"Your mom told me to so don't be mad at me. Besides that's what you get. I was only ten minutes late because you told me two minutes before you wanted to leave that we were leaving early."

"True." I had a last minute softball meeting Wednesday morning about scrimmage games next week. "So how are things going with Dylan? You have been texting him right?"