Chapter XI

It's now Friday, April 2nd, 1948.

It's been 3 months and 14 days since then.

I'd go train with Shūhei twice a week. He's become so much better; I'm proud of him. I went back to the academy a month ago.

I've just graduated from the Shinō Academy.

Though I am only 14 years old, I am more talented than the 6th year students. I could have taken longer to graduate, it's rare for someone to graduate in a year, but it would have been harder to keep my Nobility a secret and I wanted to train again.

Since that day I saw Byakuya in the hallway, I've made every decision, no matter where it would take me, to stay away from him, though he is now the reason I want to train and become stronger; I can't be around him.

The Head-Captain came to tell me, personally, that I was offered a seated position in almost every squad. Only the 2nd and 6th Squad's did not offer me a position.

I was glad that Byakuya's 6th division did not ask me to be a part of their squad, because I might not have been able to say no.

The 13 Court Guard Squads of the Soul Society are there to protect the souls of the Soul Society. Each Squad has its own purpose and it's made up of 14 seated officers with over 200 other members as well. The Captain is the highest ranked person of each squad and then there is the Lieutenant or 2nd seated position. Then the 3rd seat, 4th seat and so on.

Every request I was offered was 4th seat to 2nd seat. If I accepted one, I would have been made the Head of the Shihōin clan the next day.

I denied every request and decided to go back into hiding.

Truthfully, I needed to grow up; I was still just a kid and I knew that I could not handle the responsibility that came with a seated position or being the Head of the Shihōin clan.

~Shihōin Royal Manor: 4:30pm~

I ran into the house, "Mom, Dad, Shinji-kun! I'm home!" I yelled as I ran toward the living room.

"She's home?" Akemi asked, looking at Mitsuo.

He shrugged and stood up. They walked into the living room as I slide to a stop in front of the sofa.

I smiled at them, "It's been a while, Hi."

"Kimiyo Shihōin!" Mom gasped, "What are you wearing?!?!?!" She yelled and started for me.

I looked down at myself. "Oh, I had to wear this when I was on mission in West Rukon." I answered, "I'll change in a little bit." I looked up at her.

"On mission?" Dad asked walking toward me, "I didn't think they sent 1st years on missions."

I smiled up at him, "The Head-Captain asked me personally if I wanted to take it." I answered and then continued, "The school was holding me back, so he let me stay on mission in the Rukon district for 7 months. It was great." I smiled even bigger.

"You lived in the Rukon District for 7 months?" Mom squealed and leaned on the back of the couch. "Oh my god, I knew I shouldn't have let you go!" She hissed.

I rolled my eyes, "I was living in the 1st district, don't have a cow, mother." I told her, annoyed. "Plus, there are a lot of nice people who live there."

Dad lifted my hair up; it's in pigtails in front of my shoulders. "I like your long hair the best, Kimiyo-chan." He told me and ran his hand through it.

I smiled, "Thanks, dad."

"So, tell me, why are you here?" He asked walking me to the couch. We sat down, "You know we agreed you wouldn't come home for the time you're in the academy."