Chapter XIII

Somewhere in the Seireitei: Thursday, January 5th, 1967.

I was only at half the speed of my fastest flash step when I noticed that there were some people watching us, four Captains. Their heads were jerking back and forth.

"What is Captain Kuchiki doing?" Captain Aizen asked as he watched Byakuya moving all over the place.

"It seems like he's chasing someone." Captain Ichimaru, Gin, answered, following both of us.

"Can it be?" Captain Ukitake inquired with squinted eyes as he tried to see me clearer. "Is that Lady Yoruichi?"

They all looked closer at me.

"That girl is too small to be Yoruichi," Captain Aizen announced, having checked me out now. "But what's on her back?"

"I think it's Captain Kuchiki's Zanpakutō!" Captain Kyōraku exclaimed, shocked.

Everyone glanced at him, but they didn't linger.

I heard everything they said and I was completely surprised that they could even see me, let alone follow me. ...My half speed is still extremely fast...

I flashed 50 feet away from Byakuya, only stopping to set one foot down and then I flashed all the way back to where the Captains were standing.

Byakuya followed me, stopping where I last was, however, he couldn't figure out where I went.

I'd lowered my spiritual pressure to nothing. It's something I've become very good at, for my family's sake.

"Where did she go?" Captain Ukitake wondered, looking around.

I appeared in front of them and they all jumped at my sudden appearance.

"May I ask how you can follow my flash step with just your eyes?" I questioned them, smiling up at their surprised faces. ...They didn't see me coming at all!!... I thought, giggling.

"You look so much like her, it's amazing." Captain Ukitake replied with a small smile on his face.

"We should be asking you why you have Captain Kuchiki's Zanpakutō." Captain Kyōraku told me, racking his eyes up and down me.

I laughed, shrugging my left shoulder. "He was very careless and let me take it from him."

I looked them all over, but stopped on a 6 foot 1 inch tall man. He has silver hair that is down to his ears and also falls into his face, covering his eyes which are narrowed to slits. "You're—" I started to say, stunned, but also really happy.

"Hmm," Gin mumbled, cutting me off as he leaned toward me, bent over at his hips.

...Gin-kun!!... I realized and started to smile. ...He's also become a Captain!!!... The happiness that exploded through my entire body for this was quickly dissolved, though, as I felt Byakuya's presence coming up behind me. ...Damn, don't get distracted! I'm here for Byakuya!!... I ordered myself and said aloud, "Oh, he's found me!" The smile on my face faded back into a serious expression and I took a step forward about to run again, but the man in question caught my wrist and pulled me back to his side.

"Captain Kuchiki, who is this little girl?" Captain Ukitake demanded, looking down at me.

Byakuya still had a hold of my wrist; I guess he thought I was going to try and get away from him. I looked up at him and just smiled.

"This is Kimiyo." Byakuya answered as he released me. "She is the spiritual pressure we all felt a little while ago."

Their eyes widened as they looked down at me, stunned and a little impressed.