Chapter XXI

Kisuke's Bedroom: 9:08am.

I looked around the room then and asked, "So, where are we?"

"This is my candy shop." He answered, smiling. "I have things for Soul Reapers here as well! This is also my house."

"So, it's not an ordinary shop?" I inquired, still checking everything out. "It looks pretty simple to me."

He sighed. "From the outside, hai, it's pretty simple, but no, it's not an ordinary shop."

I nodded as I changed the subject. "So, I must have really high spiritual energy, if my Umiōryū isn't hidden with my spiritual body, right?"

He smiled hugely at me. "When I put you in the Gigai, your Zanpakutō stayed out! I spent thirty minutes, taking you out of the Gigai and putting you back in trying to get it go with you." He announced and then added, "So hai, I'm guessing it's because of your strength."

I grabbed the hilt and pulled the sword off my back, staring at it. "He's going to be mad at me."

"He?" He wondered, tilting his head. "Your Zanpakutō is a guy?"

I smiled as I nodded, "Hai, why?"

"I've never heard of a female's Zanpakutō taken the form of a male before." He answered, softly with one eyebrow raised. "When you are in your inner world, what does he look like?"

I had to think about it. "He looks like a human to be honest, he's 6' 1", he has shin-length black hair, gray eyes and he wears a dark blue kimono bottom with a light blue obi." I paused for a second, "He doesn't wear a shirt, he only has on a kimono vest that ends at his hip bones and the ends are torn and ripped. He also has no shoes on. Around the neck of the vest is light blue flowing water and he has the same water around each of his wrists and ankles. He has tattoos which are a necklace, down the top of his shoulders and then down the top of his arms to his wrists with tattoos around his wrists as well. They all look like tattoos of water. The tattoos around his wrist can be seen through the water around his wrists." I nodded and then looked up at him.

He took a minute to think everything over. "Hmm... it would seem you've most likely inherited the first ever guy Zanpakutō for a female Soul Reaper."

I smiled, hugely, at that. "I'm glad he's not a girl, I couldn't handle another me. I'd go insane."

He busted out laughing as he asked, "Umiōryū means Sea King Dragon, right?" ...A dragon, huh?... He thought then. ...I wonder if it's the same dragon Shinji-sama saw that day 75 years ago...

"Hai, he's my best friend and he's going to be really mad that I lost." I said, looking up at him. "Your Zanpakutō is Benihime, right?"

He smiled at me and answered, "Hmm, why?"

I turned to face his Zanpakutō. "I don't know, I was just thinking, what if my Zanpakutō is a water-type because of you."

He laughed and said, "Our Zanpakutō is formed from our souls, Kimiyo-chan."

"I had him before I even started the Academy. I obtained him several years after you left and at the time, all I could think about was you! That could be why he's not a girl. Plus, my soul was crying a lot back then! So that could be why he has water-type powers." I replied,

"That's not how this works, Kimiyo-chan." He told me, softly with sad eyes.

I smiled down at my sword, breathing out, "I suppose not." I whispered and then added, "Still he's going to be mad."

"Do you need to talk to him?"

I looked up at him quickly, "Can I do that?"

He nodded, laughing softly. "Hai, I have somewhere you can do that." He stood up, taking me with him. "Come on." He set me down and walked over to a corner in the room, opening a panel in the floor.