Chapter XII

It's the beginning of a new year now.

One year into my training, 1949, both my parents died. There was a sickness going around and they both caught it. I didn't get to go to their funerals, because my bodyguards with me refused to let me outside. They didn't want me to catch the sickness too.

There've still been rumors going around about me from time to time; people wondering what happened to the genius little girl with no last name. My family would keep me updated on the news of things happening around the Soul Society. Every time a new rumor about me started, my family would request that I return home and take my rightful place as the next Head of the clan. I would always say no and that I needed more training.

In the 19 years or so I've been in training, I was developing my Zanpakutō, Umiōryū. I mastered both Shikai and Bankai; my Zanpakutō is rather special, it has two very different Bankai levels. While I'm in my Bankai, I can either be connected with my Dragon or I can have him completely separate from me, fighting alongside me.

My Zanpakutō in its Katana form is now 4' 3" long; it's now 2 inches shorter than me. The hand guard is gold with swirls coming into the guard. These swirls leave open spaces in my hand guard, but it's just as strong as anyone else's. My Zanpakutō hilt has purple clothe under blue clothing that makes the purple into diamonds in the middle of the hilt. My sheath is the same blue clothing.

I've had to wear my Zanpakutō on my back, because I'm so short and it's so long. To hold my sword across my back, I have a purple-colored cloth that I wear over my right shoulder; it holds my sword's hilt right at my right shoulder and the end of my sword at my left hip. When I unsheathe my Zanpakutō, the sheath melts and returns to the hand-guard of my hilt, leaving only the purple-colored cloth around my body.

My Shikai release command is 'Take over the sea, Umiōryū.' The blade is as long as my legs; about 2' 9" long and the end of the blade thickens and then thins out to the tip. The blade is different from most Zanpakutō's, because my blade is made up of dragon scales. The scales meet in the middle of the blade with the top scales a light blue and the bottom scales a dark blue. My hand guard also changes; it changes into a dragon claw, but with only two claws instead of the normal four and the claws are a deep blue. My hilt changes from purple diamonds and blue cloth to blue diamonds and purple cloth. At the end of my hilt are one purple horsehair tassel and one blue horsehair tassel.

I've also mastered the four types of Zankensoki; Zanjutsu, Hakuda, Hohō and Kidō.

Zanjutsu is Swordsmanship, which is my favorite type of fighting. Hakuda is hand-to-hand combat and it's my 2nd favorite type of fighting. Hohō is agility, moving fast or Flash Step. The last technique is Kidō, which is a focus of my spiritual energy into magic spells of various powers.

I mostly fight in my 2nd Bankai, well because I love my twin blades. My family had to force me to use my other releases, because I favored it so. My Zanpakutō and I are very connected, very close. I spent hours every day talking with him in my inner world and in the real world.

Usually when a person gets a Zanpakutō, it is the split personality of that person. So, when a girl gets her Zanpakutō, it's another version of her, a girl. And when a guy gets his Zanpakutō, it's another version of him, a guy.

My Zanpakutō is a guy, which is extremely rare, if unheard of. It's rare for a guy to get a girl Zanpakutō, but not unheard of. If I remember correctly, Kisuke's Zanpakutō is a girl.

When I'm in my inner world and when Umiōryū comes into my world, not in my Bankai forms, he looks like a normal human being. He's not in his Dragon form anymore, why? I don't know.