Chapter IX

It is now Friday, August 1st, 1947.

I've been in classes for some 4 months now. Still at the top of my class and my classmates still haven't warmed up to me.

Since it's a Friday, we get half the day off; it's now 3:45pm. My dorm room never sounded so good and that is where I'm headed.

Half way back, I noticed a familiar spiritual pressure. It made me stop short and my head snapped around down the hall. ...This is... I thought and then was running ...It's Kuchiki-sama...

I came up to the end of the hall and immediately spun around it to the left. ...Wait!... I realized, coming to a stop. ...I can't talk to him... I told myself and fell against the wall. ...I'm not supposed to be Kimiyo Shihōin right now...

Just then Ginrei came around the corner with a tall man next to him. I moved more into the wall to let them pass.

Ginrei glanced over at me for a second and his eyes widened. He tilted his head to the side, but kept walking.

...Did he recognize me?... I wondered as I watched them.

The young man next to him turned over his shoulder to look at me.

I just stared back at him. The look in his eyes said he thought I was beneath him or an insect in his way. However, I found just a tiny bit of interest in them as well.

I narrowed my eyes in response, it's become an immediate reaction now. Though, my expression didn't stay that way. ...That's Byakuya Kuchiki... I realized as butterflies exploded throughout my body.

Byakuya stared into my eyes for another second, but looked away from me and continued with his grandfather.

He has grown, but of course he would. Being now 5' 9" tall with his hair still down to his upper chest. He must be in his 20's now, probably around 209, this year. That'd make him 69 years older than me. He's become quite a looker too.

I mean, he was gorgeous when I first saw him 55 years ago, but now he's just beautiful. ...I don't know if that's the right word. He's just the best thing I'd ever seen... I corrected myself, still watching his back and how he moved.

He is wearing the normal Soul Reaper uniform, black shirt and pants and his spiritual pressure is amazing too. However, unlike last time, neither Ginrei's nor his bother me at all.

It made me happy, I could stand with them now. ...He's joined the 13 Court Guard Squads now... I added then.

"Grandfather, who is that little girl?" Byakuya asked, shoulder to shoulder with him.

Ginrei looked back at me answering, "That, Byakuya, is Kimiyo-chan. She's only 14 years old, but she's been at the top of her class since she entered the academy. She ranked number one on the entrance exam, this year, with a perfect score."

"Hmm," Byakuya mumbled, softly. He turned his head and glanced back at me once again. "She's quite young." He didn't linger on me, facing forward almost as fast as he looked back.

Ginrei chuckled a bit. "Yes, she is." He replied in a normal tone. "Although, she's from the Rukon district that doesn't mean anything when it comes to her."

Byakuya grabbed his arm, stopping them both. "What do you mean?" He almost hissed in disbelief.

"I mean, no one in her class can beat her." Gineri told him, smiling, "She excels in everything they put in front of her."

"That's doubtful, Grandfather," Byakuya grumbled, tossing his chin to the side once.

"Oh, but it's true, Byakuya!" Ginrei confirmed, but still lifted his finger up, "They've even had to bring in seated officers to spar with her."