Chapter XXII

The training grounds: 10:23am.

Umiōryū jumped at him and yelled, "Stop talking, let's start the real fight."

Kisuke moved out of the way just in time, but in the that same second, I was coming at him with my twin blades.

He hadn't realized that I was now wielding two swords, so it took him by surprise, letting me catch his other arm with my blade.

"I'm a lot better with my twin blades than I am with any of my other releases." I announced to him as I didn't let him take a breather.

He blocked both of my blades and returned the attack. "You're getting cocky again."

Umiōryū swung his tail out and hit Kisuke, sending him flying into a cliff. "She has a reason to be cocky, don't you think?" He roared as he landed beside me.

I flashed to where my old friend hit the wall and went to stab both my blades into his chest.

"Scream, Benihime!" He called out, swinging his blade through the air. He shot a moon crest made up of crimson colored energy toward me.

I took the hit directly in the chest and was went flying back through five hills. When I came to a stop, I was lying on Umiōryū's belly.

"You couldn't have blocked the first four cliffs?" I hissed at him as I went to get up. I fell back down immediately. There is a huge gash across my chest right over my boobs.

"Kimiyo-sama?" Umiōryū asked, eyeing me with worry.

I just laid there, trying to heal myself as fast as I could. I knew Kisuke would be coming any second. So, I thought back. ...Umiōryū, I need you to distract him until I can heal myself...

Umiōryū nodded, flying off toward where Kisuke had landed.

I closed my eyes and started to focus all my spiritual energy on my wound. I could barely hear Umiōryū, but I knew he was fighting. Some five minutes passed and I was nowhere near healing myself well enough to get out there and continue taking him on.

...Kimiyo-sama, he's coming for you... Umiōryū told me as he followed after Kisuke.

I didn't hear him, because I was so focused on healing.

...KIMIYO-SAMA, HE'S COMING FOR YOU!!!... Umiōryū yelled in my head then.

...What are you yelling about?? I'm trying to concentrate!!... I yelled back in my head.

Umiōryū roared aloud and screamed into my head ...He's right on you, damnit!!...

I heard that loud and clear. I opened my eyes, felt his spiritual pressure coming up on me fast and so I leaned up, trying to stand.

Kisuke stopped right in front of me, however he just stood there.

I looked over at him and immediately forced myself up straight. I couldn't quite get up completely vertical, though. I had to lean my hand on my knee. My clothes are stained with blood and I'm dripping clomps of it to the floor. I'm still healing myself, but I couldn't concentrate while trying to stand.

"You're not doing so well, Kimiyo-chan." He commented as Umiōryū flew over the hill behind him.

I glanced up at him and saw that his shirt was covered in blood as well, so I said in a weak voice, "Neither are you."

Umiōryū landed in-between us and roared water breath at Kisuke.

He flashed out of the way and Umiōryū went after him.