Chapter XVI

Sōkyoku Hill – 2:36pm.

I immediately lifted my head up at his whisper, returning his stare.

He twitched out of surprise when he saw my eyes. They are still blue, but now I have water rolling and swirling around within the color.

"Umifukasa Umiōryū!" I said as water wrapped over my shoulders, completing my transformation.

"Have you ever seen a Bankai that changed the users' clothes?" Ukitake wondered, looking me over.

The three other Captains didn't answer; they were just staring at my body with their mouths open.

"She's practically naked, only the water on her is covering her." Gin chuckled in a low voice, smiling at me. "How brave of her!" ...She's not embarrassed to show her body anymore, that's for sure!... He kept his eyes narrowed, a little mad and his hands balled up into fists. ...I really don't want anyone seeing her!!...

Kyōraku glanced over at him with narrowed eyes, "Brave? She didn't choose those clothes, Ichimaru-kun, it was made when she mastered Bankai." He faced me, "But still, I've never seen anything like this before."

Byakuya and I are just looking into each other's eyes.

...They're right, I've never seen anyone change clothes when they entered Bankai... He thought to himself as he looked me over once again. ...I can't believe how beautiful this little girl is to me... He shook his head. ...No, that doesn't matter to me!...

"Nii-sama, your scarf, it's getting soaked!!" Rukia yelled as she saw my water roll across it. "It'll be ruined!!!"

Gin stopped at the barrier, watching Byakuya like a hawk. ...Well, he's lost all interest in this fight... He realized, seeing how the man was staring at me. ...It's not like I can blame him, but I don't want any competition, especially after waiting for as long as I have!!... He locked his jaw, exhaling, heavily.

Neither I nor Byakuya looked over at her. We both knew it wasn't wet at all, because everything on my body was safe from Umiōryū's water.

Rukia ran at the barrier, trying to get the scarf from me, but it shocked her when she collided with it.

This caught my attention; if anything touches the barrier's wall, I also feel it too.

"Rukia?" Ukitake asked as she backed away from the wall.

I turned my head toward her and looked her in the eyes.

She started to gasp for air and sweat started to run down her whole body within seconds. Her hands flew up to her neck and she fell to her knees.

Byakuya turned away from me for a second and looked over at her. He didn't do anything at all; he just pivoted back to me.

Rukia was almost blue in the face, but she couldn't look away from my eyes. My face never changed from when I first looked at her.

"Gin, are you seeing this?" Aizen asked, tilting his head to the side.

"Hai, her spiritual pressure is crushing the little sister and Byakuya hasn't done anything about it." Gin answered him, looking down at her, now plastered to the floor.

Ukitake knelt down in front of her and blocked us.

She gasped in air, quickly and fell into her Captain's chest.

"I'm sorry, Rukia." Ukitake told her as he put his hand on her back. "I shouldn't have let you come along!"

"Gin, did you—" Aizen started to say.