Chapter XIV

Courtyard, Seireitei: 1:34pm.

I threw my spiritual energy outward and the last three beams shatter. I didn't waste any time in attacking him back.

"Hadō #63: Raikōhō." I said as I put my right hand in front of my body and set my left hand on my right elbow. I fired a massive wave of yellow energy at him from the palm of my hand.

"She can use a level 63 Kidō without the incantation?" Ukitake asked as he watched it about to hit Byakuya.

"Bakudō #81: Danku!" Byakuya said at the last second. A shield appeared in front of him and it deflected my spell.

I flashed behind him and he turned to meet me, but I punched him in the stomach saying, "Hadō #31: Shakkahō."

He grabbed my hand forcing it towards the sky and the spell released into the air. Before he could do anything else, I was already releasing another Hadō.

"Mask of flesh and bone, flutter of wings, the who bears the name of man! Truth and temperance, upon this sinless wall of dreams unleashed but slightly the wrath of your claws." I whispered so fast and quietly that he couldn't hear the incantation. "Hadō #33: Sōkatsui!" I said loud enough for him to hear it. The spell exploded into his rib cage.

This spell was 7 times stronger than the one I released before, because I said the incantation before releasing it.

He moved away from my hand right as I released it and so the damage he took was nothing to what it was supposed to be. That's why I said the spell's name loud enough for him to hear, I wanted to see if he could dodge it and I still wasn't sure if I wanted to seriously hurt him yet even though he stabbed me.

He let go of my hand and stumbled away from me. He might have moved away from it, but he was still hit.

"How was that Kidō so much more powerful than the first one she released?" Gin asked, watching Byakuya hold his side and turn toward me; he's dripping blood.

"I was wondering what you were doing." Byakuya called to me as he let go of his side, "I couldn't figure out why you let me deflect that first spell." He continued to say.

I nodded and replied, "I knew just saying the spell would never be enough to hurt you. So, I distracted you while I said the incantation." I put my hand on my hip and continued, "If I do say so myself, that worked very well."

"So, she did say the incantation. I didn't hear it." Gin said, looking at me.

"I heard it, because I was listening for it. She's not stupid; she knows just how skilled he is." Aizen said, smiling in my direction.

"Nii-sama!" A female voice called then.

Both Byakuya and I looked in the direction it came from; it was a tiny girl, maybe 3 inches taller than me with black hair that came down to her shoulders and she had one piece in her face. She looks about 11 years old and she's wearing the normal Soul Reaper outfit.

"Nii-sama, what happened? You're bleeding." She called, worried about him. She went to move to his side, but a guy with orange hair stopped her.

"Don't interfere!" Byakuya snapped at her, not looking at her anymore.

She looked at him with confused eyes and then she looked over at me.

"Rukia, come over here and hold this for Byakuya." Ukitake told her, holding out Byakuya's scarf.

She nodded as she walked over to him saying, "Yes, Captain." She took the scarf and then asked, "Why did Nii-sama take this off? I don't understand she's just a kid like me. What did she do?"