Chapter XX

Today is Monday, January 9th, 1967.

Three days later in the world of the living and I finally woke up.

I looked around, having no clue where I was. I immediately took my Zanpakutō from beside me and put it on my back.

Within a half second, I was on my feet, had my spiritual pressure down to nothing at all and at the door to the room I was in. I opened the door, going down the hall, flashing from corner to corner, checking everything to see, if I could remember where I was.

Kisuke made his way toward my room when he felt my spiritual pressure drop.

I flashed around another corner and saw a huge man. He was like 6' 6", had corn rolls in his hair and braids that came down to the back of his neck.

I didn't know who he was, all I could see was the back of him, but I could see that he was carrying a box or something. I took a step toward him, flashed onto his back with my feet on his hip bones and pressed my blade to the skin on his neck.

"Who are you?" I commanded, firmly, holding my blade tightly to his throat.

He stopped walking and called, "Boss, she's awake."

That confused me and I pulled the blade into his throat more. "Who are you?!?"

He just stood there and answered, "My name is Tessai."

Just then, Kisuke walked around the corner. "Kimiyo-sama, stop."

I looked over at him and smiled, shocked and happy. I had my blade off Tessai's throat and in my sheath within half of a second. I was off of Tessai's back and in Kisuke's arms in another half second.

Kisuke and Tessai were shocked at how fast I was. They both jumped when I reappeared with my arms around Kisuke's neck and my legs around his waist.

"Kisuke-kun?" I asked, putting my chin on his shoulder.

Kisuke slowly put his hands on my back. "I've missed you too, Kimiyo-sama."

Tessai gave him a confused look and asked, "Boss?"

Kisuke waved his question away and said, "We'll need some time to talk, Tessai." He turned around, carrying me and walked down the hall.

Tessai nodded and went back to working around the shop. ...She was fast... He thought and then sighed. ...Well, she is that women's family...

Kisuke walked into his room and closed the door behind him. "Kimiyo-chan, let me see you." He put his hands under my armpits and tried to push me away.

I shook my head as I held on tighter and whined, "No, I don't want to let go of you."

He sighed with a smile on his face as he walked over to his bed and sat down with me still in his arms. "I'm not going anywhere, Kimiyo-chan."

I let go of his neck, moving back from him and asked with tears in my eyes, "Why did you leave me!?"

His face changed immediately when he saw that I was crying and he started to wipe the tears from my cheeks.

"You have to know that I would have gone with you, Kisuke-kun." I told him as he continued to catch tears.

He inhaled very slowly and answered, "I couldn't bring you into this; you were just a child."

I looked him in the eyes and asked, "What really happened? I want the truth!!"

He ran his finger along my ear, putting my hair behind it. "I was set up and I had to run."