Singing | Peter Parker

Peter left to go be Spiderman for a few hours. I am so bored stuck in this room.
Hmmm what to do, what to do.. I think to myself. I look over to the karaoke machine that Peter got me for my birthday. "Ah hah! Perfect!" I exclaim. I walk over to the machine, turn it on, plug in the mic, hook it up to my phone, and start playing me and Peter's favorite song.

Ain't shady baby, I'm hot like the prodigal son!
Pick a petal, eenie meenie minie mo, Hey flower your the chosen one!
Well you left hand's free, and your right's in grip, with another left hand watch his right hand slip
Towards his gun
Ohhhh nooooo
I belt out with the sound on 100
I tackle, we tussle, and, oh my days we're rollinggggggg
My right hand's gripped on his colts single action armyyyyyyy
Ohhhh nooooo
Well your left hand's free, and your right's in grip, with another left hand watch his right hand slip
Towards his gun
Ohhhhh nooooo

I continue singing the rest of the song as loud as my lungs can take. Eventually it comes to an end
Well my left hand's free!
Ohhhhhh nooooooo

"Of course my girl can sing!" Peter says walking up to me. I let out a little yelp not knowing he was there "I- uh t-that wasn't singing" I stutter as I look down at my feet and blushing. "then what was it, saying words really long?" I chuckle. "Y-yea. I-I guess" I keep looking down hiding my beet-red face, embarrassed that someone caught me singing.

I've never really sung in front of people. My mom always sung to me to calm me down and I would sing along, but that was before her and dad died. Singing helps me cope and remind me of them. It's a personal thing, no one ever heard me sing, ever. The only reason Peter bought me the karaoke machine is cause he knew I loved to watch him sing and I would use it on my own and I would lip sync with him. But never sing

"Hey cmon, look at me! Your really good at singing!" I look up him, face burning up in embarrassment. "R-really?" I ask "Yes! Your amazing!!" He says with a huge grin on his face "Peter, what do you want?" I ask knowing that silly, fun loving grin. "Will you actually sing with me and do some karaoke" he says with puppy dog eyes. "Peter y-" "pleaseeeeeeee!" He cooes "fine."

We walk over to the machine and he searches for a song. "What song should we do?" He asks me "I'm not sure.." he sits there for about a minute looking through the endless variety of songs "Oh! What about 'Riptide'!" He says jumping up and down. "Sure Peter." I chuckle
"I was scared of dentist's and the dark! I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations!" When he says 'Pretty girls' he boop's my nose and winks. Then he holds the mic out to me for me to sing "Oh a-all my friends are t-turning green. You're the magician's assistant I-in their dream" I stutter when I sing, I'm not used to singing in front of anyone.

"Ahooooooooooo and they come unstuck!!" Peter jumps when he sings that line with his left hand out and his right hand holding the mic. I giggle at the funny sight of him, I always do. He comes up to me and hold the mic in between us. "Cmon, your really good at singing!" He says just before the chorus hits. "Lady, running down to the riptide, taken away to the dark side, I wanna be your left hand man!" We both sing in unison, him obviously being louder. He holds the mic up to my mouth again signaling for me to do a small solo again, or should I say for the rest of the song.

I love you when your singing that song and I got a lump in my throat cause your gonna sing the words wrong.

We- or should I say I continue to sing for the rest of the song. "You were amazing! This is why I love you so much!" Peter shouts giving me a big bear hug. I chuckle again at him kissing the top of my head countless times. "See! I told you your amazing!" He says cupping my face, kissing my nose. "Y-yea I guess" I smile.

"We need to do that more often." He says sitting on the couch
"Yea, yea we do"