Sick Days | Steve Rogers

I wake up groggy with a pounding headache, dizzy vision, nausea, and just overall feeling like crap (Language!!)

"Ugggghh" I groan. I look over to the alarm clock that sits on my bedside table and read that it's 3:00 am. Are. You. Kidding. Me. This is going to be one fun day.

A wave of bad nausea hits my body and a shoot out from the bed running to the bathroom unsure if I'll even make it. I unfortunately don't make it to the toilet, I retch all over the tilled bathroom floor. Steve wakes up from the noice and sees me clenching my stomach and leaning on the wall.

"Woahhh there."

He jumps up from the bed and comes to my aid, pushing my hair away from my face.

My barfing eventually comes to a stop and he helps me to the bed.
"Uhhgmmm" I wine in pain.

"Jackie baby, what hurts?" He asks with a mix of sleepiness and concern in his tone

"Everything, but my head and stomach in particular"

He puts his hand on my head to feel how warm or cold I am.
"Woah, your burning up. How about you get in bed and I'll take care of you."

"But Steve, I need to get-"

"-In bed and rest and let your boyfriend take care of you? I won't take anything other than that" he says smirking

I roll my eyes and scoot back in bed and get under the covers. I've always hated being sick, I can't get work done, I can't hang out with people, and I have to lay in bed all day. To others that sounds like a dream, but to me, a extroverted work-aholic, it's a nightmare.

"Good, now I'll put on your favorite movie and go get you some chicken noodle soup then we can snuggle." He says whilst tucking me in

He turns on the TV and kisses my forehead just before going to make me some soup.

"J.A.R.V.I.S, let me know if anything happens and track her vitals."

"Yes, Captain Rogers"

He leaves the room and shuts the door behind him. My eyelids get heavy and a slowly drift off to sleep with the small chatter of the Tv.

><><><><Steve's Pov><><><><
I finish cooking the chicken noodle soup for Jackie and put it in a bowl. I take the soup up to her room being as careful and quiet as I possibly can. I hope I didn't wake anyone when I was cooking.

I open the door to see a sleeping, sick, Jackie. She is so cute when she sleeps, I can't help but smile when I see her. I set the soup on the bedside table and turn off the tv. I go to the bathroom and start to clean up the vomit on the floor.

"Sir, I can clean that up for you if you would like" J.A.R.V.I.S speaks quietly careful not to wake Jackie up.

"If it's not to much trouble, thanks" I whisper back.

Starks robots get to work on cleaning everything whilst I head to the bed and get in. I pull the covers up to my shoulders  and rest my head on the pillow. I turn over to face Jackie so I can keep an eye on her while I'm in bed.

A soft, light pink blush covers her cheeks and the top of her nose. Her long black hair lies perfectly behind her, a few pieces framing her face. Her light brown freckles scattered perfectly across her face like stars up in the night sky. She is so perfect and I love her so much. I feel so bad that she has to be sick, I would do anything just to take it away from her.

"J.A.R.V.I.S, vitals please?" I whisper.

"Heart rate 95 BPM, Body temperature 101.5 degrees Fahrenheit, and looks to be body shivers. She seems to have a fever with a slight stomach bug. Best course of action is to give her pain medication every 6-8 hours, feed her food that are high in vitamin C and protein, make sure she drinks a lot of water and juice, make sure she has a bucket or bowl next to her, and make sure she gets a lot of rest. Also, if she gets nauseous, give her Ondanstetron also known as 'Zofran', that should help." He replies quietly

"Thank you."

"No problem Captain."

I lay a small kiss on Jackie's head just before laying back down and falling asleep.