Voicemail | Steve Rogers

I sit in my bed crying my eyes out. Steve died two weeks ago and I can't get over that. Bucky, Tony, Natasha, Sam, everyone has tried and helped but nothing has worked. I know he was old but I didn't think he would go this soon. I mean, we were about to get married for crying out loud.

I decide for the umpteenth time today to listen to a voicemail he left me a few weeks ago before he passed. It helps with the grieving process a bit but not much.

"Hi Hailey, uh I'm not 100% sure how I did this *chuckle* I did. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I love you so much. I know, I know, that makes me sound old fashioned but I just needed to say it. So, I love youuu! Alright, uh imma go now. I'll talk to you later! Bye baby! Tony, how do you turn this off? Tony.. no! Don't run! I don't know how to turn this off!! Sam! How do you turn this off? Why are you laughing! 'Steve you just hang up' ohhhhhhh ok. Thanks sam. Alright, uh bye!"

I chuckle at the silly remarks Steve says. Then I hear a knock on the door. I get up and answer it.
"Hey buck" He immediately notices my tear stained face, red puffy eyes, dirty clothes that haven't been changed since he died, and a rats nest of a hair.

"Hey, how you holding up?" He asks stepping into my apartment

"I-I I miss him so mu-much!!" I burst out in tears collapsing on the floor. Bucky catches me.

"Woah, woah. Shh its ok. Your alright" He cooes as he rubs my back

"I-I-I, I want him back!!" I cry in his shoulder

"I know Hailey, I want him back too." His eyes become glossy and tears start to drip down his cheeks and land on my shirt.

He sits me onto the couch with me still crying.

"Wanna listen to the voicemail again?" I get a feeling that he might want to listen to it too.

I nod pulling out my phone and playing it.

"Hi Hailey, uh I'm not 100% sure how I did this *chuckle* I did. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I love you so much. I know, I know, that makes me sound old fashioned but I just needed to say it. So, I love youuu! Alright, uh imma go now. I'll talk to you later! Bye baby! Tony, how do you turn this off? Tony.. no! Don't run! I don't know how to turn this off!! Sam! How do you turn this off? Why are you laughing! 'Steve you just hang up' ohhhhhhh ok. Thanks sam. Alright, uh bye!"

We both chuckle as tears flow down our faces.

"Ya know I was standing right there when that happened. He didn't even bother to ask me cause I'm his other old man"

I laugh at that. "I figured, you guys and thor have no clue how to use tech"

He chuckles "yea, your right."

He gets up from the couch "If you need anything just call me, or Tones cause he knows how to use a cell phone. And take a shower, that won't hurt"

I nod "I will buck, thanks."

"No problem, take care of yourself, alright?"

"I will, bye Bucky"

"Bye!" He shuts the door behind him and I flop back on the couch.

"Yea, maybe a shower won't be so bad."