CHAPTER 3

Bigby and Snow sat in the back of a taxi, going to the diner known as The Badger's Den. It was owned by a man named Wes Badger. A glamoured Fable that had just recently come to town, a good friend of Toad as it is and doing well off as the place seemed to be a hotspot for both Fables and Mundanes alike.

When they arrived they paid the driver and then went inside. What was surprising though was the amount of mundies that were there today. Bigby found himself sniffing sharply, and then gagging. Snow wrapped her hand around his arm with a disapproving glare before dragging him over to the young lady waiting to seat them. She was a nice mundy girl with short red hair and a dark set of leafy green eyes.

"Hello, my name's Aaron, and this is The Badger's Den, just the two of you today?" she asked in a sweet voice.

"Yep." was her answer from Bigby as she grabbed the menus.

"Alrighty then, just follow me please." following they were seated near the back. Bigby getting a water where as Snow got some of that 'fizzy stuff' she liked so much. Bigby made a face.

"How do you drink that crap?"

"What? Soda? What's wong with soda?" she asked swirling the aforementioned beverage with her straw.

"Are you kidding Snow? Everything."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah," she laughed at him, "What?"

"Don't tell me, you don't drink it cause it bothers your poor garbage disposal-like stomach. I mean what can't you eat?"

"I don't know--"

"Oh, let me take a guess: Peanut Butter?" at first he was confused then throwing a glare across the table he leaned back with a look that was a cross between anger and the puppy dog eyes.

"That was pretty low...even for you." sighing she leaned back and glared at him.

"Fine, I was just trying to joke around like you always do."

"I hope you realize that was another insult--"

"Are you both ready to order?" nodding they both ordered.

Bigby answering with something like: 'the biggest steak you have, I'm starving.' whereas Snow ordered a burger with multiple things on it, proving herself to be equally hungry.

Aaron ran off with their orders but they never got their food. After several minutes Bigby pushed his chair out dramatically and stopped one of the waitresses.

She freaked when Bigby touched her shoulder. Spinning on him and suddenly he was faced with large brown eyes...

---

Short I know, I just couldn't resist a cliffie lol.

Most of this story I write far in advance, but I need to make 3 more chapters before I add the next few :) so bare with me if you discover this story and actually like it.