CHAPTER 15

Red tapped a pen on Snow's desk, the hood of her crimson hoodie pulled well over her head. The front door of the office opened and Bigby stepped in shadowed by his father who wore a smug look as if he was winning some game he and Bigby were playing. Red moved towards them grinning.

"Where's Snow?" was Bigby's first question to her.

"Snow went with Blueberries."

"Bluebeard?" asked North with a raised brow.

"Yeah! That's the guy."

"Where?" the sheriff pressed.

"She wouldn't say, guess she remembered that you and I are like this." she crossed her pointer and middle finger. Bigby spared her a small smile.

"Does Snow know about the stone shards?"

"I'm sure she had Bufkin look into it." North said looking over at the small green monkey sleeping with a bottle beside him.

"That's not surprising..."sighed Bigby.

"Maybe she knows where the last shard is?" asked Red.

"It's possible." said North as Bigby walked up to Bufkin and shook him lightly.

"Bufkin! Wake up damnit!"

"Ahh!! I'm sorry about the flowers!!" the half empty bottle rolled into Bigby's awaiting hand before the sheriff gave Bufkin a once over.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Bufkin blinked a few times before straightening.

"Oh, ugh, sheriff, I'm glad to see your alright."

"Oh yeah, me too," said Bigby sarcastically, "Now, where's Snow and Bluebeard?"

"Oh...well I told her what I could find out about the Dark Moons-"

"Hold on, moons, as in more than one?"

"Yes Dark Moons, they are the name given to the dark spirits who possess and turn Fables into Dark Fables."

"Oh man Wolf, you'll have to watch yourself."

"Very funny Red."

"Did she say anything at all?" all those around him could tell he was becoming anxious.

"She seemed dead set on questioning other Fables, and she wasn't specific. She and Bluebeard could have split up."

"Then we'll have to do the same. Your good by yourself dad?" North nodded and both Red's and Bufkin's surprise at Bigby saying 'dad' was ignored, "Alright Red your with me." Red nodded, blue eyes wide.

"If one of us find them?" asked North as Bigby moved towards the door.

"Bring them back here."

"If we don't find them?" Bigby turned sharply to glare at his father.

"We meet here either way. Eleven  P.M." Bigby opened the door letting Red go out before him, "Don't be late..." he said pulling out a cigarette and lighting it, "I hate waiting." and with that his son was gone, the door clicking shut behind him.

---------

Short I know, but it was overly hard to get these guys going again o.o