Chapter 5: First Therapy Session

Shuichi Saihara POV

With each step I took, I could feel myself getting more anxious, talking about my feelings isn't too complicated, but it does take me time to realize what a truly feel...

I finally got to my door and opened it, I can see a brown, green and red eye man.

"Hello, Saihara! The names Hajime Hinata, call me Mr.Hinata for now. Shall we began our session?" He greeted me.

"Y-Yes" I answered while I sat on my bed.

"I can tell you're nervous. We have all the time we can get, you can officially begin whenever you're ready." He smiled at me.

I took a deep breath, "I'm ready..."

"Alright let's began with a few questions and you answer them. Remember, take your time, plan them out before saying it." He explained.

From there point forward, he asked and I answered, I could feel myself draining. Like I was drowning in a dark ocean. I frown at each of my answers, thinking how useless I am.

I didn't do anything great but saved myself, I was selfish. I killed everyone, I exposed them, made the others hate them and they got executed.

The only reason that they are in pain is because of Shuichi Saihara, me. The hopeless detective.

I snapped out of thought when he asks the next question, "Now Saihara, tell me this. What have you been thinking all this time?"

I sat there in silence, my eyes wide open.

I spoke up and told him the truth, and only the truth.

He nodded as if he understood, he felt like I wasn't the only one, he said that it's normal to feel this way.

"I get you Saihara, I feel the same way when I survived my killing game. If we hadn't listened to that stupid bear we could have survived. I continued the game by exposing each of the blackened, I still live with guilt, you aren't the only one." He said out loud.

"Y-You we're in a killing game too?!" I yelled out in surprise. He nodded as an answer.

"You understand me." I smiled.

I hadn't realized there could if been others like me. Guilty or not, I shouldn't feel miserable...

------------------------------------------------------------
(Happened at the same time as Shuichi's therapy session)

Kokichi Ouma

It was 10:30, the time I usually have my therapy session but because Mr.Komaede couldn't come and I had to do it with Mr.Hinata earlier, I had some spare time.

Oh, what can I do?

Should I spend this time crying because of my pain or shall I shame myself and end up crying either way.

It always ended with me feeling worse than the day before.

I heard a knock on my door before it began to open, it was Mr.Komaeda!

"Hello Kokichi, I see you've been in the dumps lately. I apologize if my absence upset you, I've recovered early, surprisingly, and I shall now treat you. What shall we do?" He spoke up

"Hmm... I don't know, what were you thinking?" I said normally, Komaeda is the only person I trust to be my true self.

"Shall we go to the courtyard and relax there? Or head outside and admire nature. I know it's been some time you've been out of your room." Komaede suggested.

I was shaken up by the fact Komaeda brought it up. He knows I don't like to be out in the public, especially when one of my classmates could see how hideous I've become.

He noticed my reaction and began to reassure me, "Your classmates are having their therapy session at the moment, we can return to your room before they can see you."

I calmed down and spoke up, "Alright, you owe me a grape panta. Now get out so I can change."

Komaeda did what I asked and stepped out of the room, I got up, sat on my wheelchair, and started to prepare myself for the day.

I put on an oversize yellow hoodie with black shorts underneath, I also wore purple converse.

After changing I looked at myself in the mirror, that's when I realized... I forgot about it.

My hair color is gone, I have white hair, just a faint of purple. I also have one yellow eye and a purple eye.
This is because I was born with two different eye colors, I always wore contacts during the killing game because I thought they were ugly.

Because I woke up in this stupid hospital, they don't let you wear contacts. To show your "true beauty" or whatever. That's a load of bullshit.

I can hear Mr.Komaeda voice outside my room, "Kokichi? Are you ready? I was hoping to see the garden..."

I rolled myself outside my room and locked it.

Me and Mr.Komaeda walked into the elevator, got to the first floor, and began walking towards the outside doors.

We got there and walked outside, I could feel my wheelchair slowing down in the grass so I decided to hop off and lay down.

I could feel the soft grass pressing against my back, I admire the flowers around me.

"You look so hopeful Kokichi. How wonderful.." Mr.Komaede praised me.

He always does this once he got the thought of hope, it always bothers me because sooner or later he would talk down on himself... Like me...

I fell asleep, for who knows how long.

Until I felt someone carrying me, "Oh you're awake, come on, get on your wheelchair and I'll push you. Everyone's therapy session is almost over..." Komaeda explained.

I let him carry me, I could tell he was struggling to care for me while holding the folded wheelchair.

Once we got to my room, I was relieved no one had seen me.

Komaeda laid me on my bed and I began to fall asleep again. This sure felt nice, after all, the no-sleep nights.

.
.
.
.
.
.

I really need to pee